Archery javelina.

trophymuley

Anyone else out there chasing the little oinkers through the Arizona snow? I know I've seen a few people on here that like to make a trip out of it. Here's my cousin with his first ever bow kill and possibly my biggest, meanest javelina to date! The thing has no ears and a split nose. It took 3 arrows through the lungs to finish him off after he tried to attack me! He was a tough SOB
6197image.jpg

4307image.jpg

My uncle with his big javelina
1302image.jpg

I'll give you a tip if you want. When I coyote call on places that have javelina I have to look out. Very often I have had javelina come in to the varmint call and they are pissed. Could offer you a great bow shot though. Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-15 AT 09:28AM (MST)[p]I did last febuary. Being from wyoming it was pretty cool trip and almost getting ran over by one was quite the experience. My buddy and I wanted to try something different. MY only complaint was going to see Tombstone. That place is a flippin joke of a town..

We used bows, rifles and pistols.

Im in the black hat and my buddy has the camo hat

100_1854_zps1125b06d.jpg

100_1867_zpsc7c0c404.jpg

I will be heading down the end of the month for my second go round with the pigs, taking my 15 year old son looking forward to watching him harvest his first animal with a bow.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-15 AT 11:07PM (MST)[p]I went on my first javelina hunt (archery). It ended well and was fun.
1921image.jpg

7892image.jpg

Those hunts look awesome, javelina hunting is something I've wanted to do for a while. I've got to make it happen. What's the best source to find information on areas to hunt?

I went blind and it was an eye opening experience. I was able to get great info from the game and fish website and from the game warden. I only hunted for about 4 hours. I have been hunting deer and elk for over 20 years. Once I got to my hunting area I quickly realized that this was a new ball game. I didn't even know where to look. I ended up finding one on a south facing slope that was covered in P&J trees with little openings with grass and cactus.

I bow hunted for whistle pigs back in 1993 south of San Antonio, TX. I shot two of them, plus a badger and at least a dozen rabbits. One of these days I need to scan those old pics to my computer. One of them got double exposed and shows me with my badger on the left side of the picture and me with a javelina on the other side. I also brought a lovely souvenir back home to Missouri by the name of Tularemia or rabbit fever. I had to go to an infectious disease doctor to get diagnosed. It sucked.

NRA Life Member

Lefties are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

man I need to go after these bad boys again! I got a pair on a trip to south texas 10 years ago. I shot one old mean sucker with a half-healed broken lower jaw, he weighed 50 lbs and has 3" lower tusks and 2 1/2" uppers (his tusks no longer rubbed on each other due to the broken jaw). The other was a porker, 75lbs with 1 1/2" tops and 2" bottoms.

Next time I'm at my dad's I'll shall a pic of the skull. Despite my efforts to seal the tusks they've been splintering and cracking over the past ten years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom