Archery NM Unit 9

E

Edpre

Well, I'm 99% sure I'm getting the tags. From the response I got here and elsewhere it looks like it'll be a fun hunt, good chance of lots of bulls, not too much chance on size. Suits me fine- I'm looking for a fun hunt, down and dirty.
As far as unit 9 goes my plan is to head out there around the 14th and hunt till the end. I'm looking at where to start, need some help. I thought about setting camp up on the north end of Horace Mesa, which looks like it'll give me good access to the top of Lobo Canyon and Rinconada Canyon as well as the "foothills" of Taylor, on the southwest side.
Second choice, or backup plan, would be to get on up to Mateo Mesa and hunt those fingers.
Third, would be west of Rinconda Canyon on the flat, and hunt the canyon and the southeast side of Taylor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

nmhunterman check out Canovitas canyon area, also the microwave tower ares just south of there. the biggest racks come from the south end of the unit

I think you definitely have the right ideas for where to begin. Get away from the roads and look for the hells holes in those general areas and you might just see something big. Good luck.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom