Archery report

hossblur

Long Time Member
I'll start, we need positive talk.

Manti is in phenomenal shape
Never seen so much green, and so many flowers.

12 yr old has 2 stalks, in 1.5 days. Both 3.5 yr old bucks. Seems bow hunting is "frustrating"

13 bucks seen. Dozens of elk, no great bulls, but did hear early morning barks.

Still snow on mtn. Lots of fawns, nearly every doe had twins, although I would say late cycle breeds from most.

Sure beats sitting home crying

I'm hunting elk as of right now. Haven't made it to my deer unit. Mountains are green as can be. For a general unit I have seen way more elk then usual. Quite a few moose as well. Saw a nice bull moose today. I saw a big heard of elk last weekend. 50 percent of the heard was calves. Lots of spikes, some rag horns and a decent 5 point bull. No stalks yet. They are in a hell hole. Think I got the best plan to get where they are with the least amount of suck. I have seen a total of 8 deer but I'm not really looking for deer.

This guy needs to spend more time practicing shot placement!!

Robb

Screenshot_20221214_101347_Chrome.jpg

How Many 7-8+ Year Old Bucks Did You See?

Just Curious?

I'll start, we need positive talk.

Manti is in phenomenal shape
Never seen so much green, and so many flowers.

12 yr old has 2 stalks, in 1.5 days. Both 3.5 yr old bucks. Seems bow hunting is "frustrating"

13 bucks seen. Dozens of elk, no great bulls, but did hear early morning barks.

Still snow on mtn. Lots of fawns, nearly every doe had twins, although I would say late cycle breeds from most.

Sure beats sitting home crying

So?

No 7-8 year Old Bucks!

How Many 5-6 Year Old Bucks You Guys See?

How many did you see sitting on your couch bitching?

We found a deer he wanted to try for, we spent the time focused on it.

I didn't drive the entirety of the Manti looking for deer.

I doubt there are many 8 yr old bucks on the whole unit. Probably not a ton of 6 yr olds either. They quit managing for sheep, beetle kill hit, they plowed under sage for alfalfa, sucked up entire reservoirs to water it, and surrounded it with 3 major freeways cutting off migration routes. All those slackers at DWR did nothing to stop any of it, so obviously it's their fault?

Problem with the Manti is it gets sacrificed so we can have your dream of low tags on LE units. Which, like the Henries, and soon Oak Creek, the industry with their year round strategy to produce 100% success, will shoot it out. Then you can come on MM and ***** that dudes need to give up more tags, and we need to shut down units, because it worked so well, that we need to shut down the Henries, yet again ?

Now, how many tags you all got?

I know it's more than zero, so I get why you don't want to answer and look like a flaming hypocrite, but I guess I could be wrong, odds ain't great though are they

Oh ya(this will wind Bess up)

The new Yota was great, pretty impressive machines. Lots different than my 90' was. But, the crawl control is pretty silly.

And WATCH YOUR FIRES.

Got clear out on the end of trail ridge, to find a still smoldering fire, on the windswept ridge, with dehydrated food envelope partially burned. Don't be stupid with your fires, and clean up your chit.

I'm Not Knocking Anybody's Vehicle!

But I'd Sure Like To Be Sitting Back Watching As You're Road Hunting & A PISSCUTTER Decides To Cross Right In Front Of You!

Ya Baby!

I'd Like To See How Fast You Can Get Your Lanky 7'8" Ass Out Of That YOTA With A Weapon In Hand!

That'd Almost Be A Money Making Clip!

(((PISCUTTER Number 403 Kicks Hossy's Ass!:D)))

Awe The Opportunity Though!

Point to the road.

But honestly I'm no injun, but if your road hunting with a bow, maybe your doing it wrong?

And damn right. I spent 2 days on the mtn with my boy playing with deer, listening to elk, seeing gazillions of flowers.

You bitched about there not being and 9 year old, 40" bucks standing broadside in the road waiting for the turbo to spin down.

Hard to figure out who the realist is
IMG20230826180011.jpg

Always great when a post to appreciate what we have, gets tge capital letter warrior interjection g nothing other than hearing g his own voice.

Gotta agree. I didn't realize I was a flower guy, but holy crap all that water sure makes for beauty.

Cool Pic. Glad there are guys who appreciate tge rare chances we get as the earth spins, instead of complaining.

Can't wait fir the aspens to turn now as well, wonderful time to be on the mtn

Point to the road.

But honestly I'm no injun, but if your road hunting with a bow, maybe your doing it wrong?

And damn right. I spent 2 days on the mtn with my boy playing with deer, listening to elk, seeing gazillions of flowers.

You bitched about there not being and 9 year old, 40" bucks standing broadside in the road waiting for the turbo to spin down.

Hard to figure out who the realist isView attachment 118606
I recognize that spot. My buddies killed a 31" 190 not too far from there one year.

Nope not the one I thought.

Had one we'd seen there couple years back, he was big bigger, heard muzzy guys got him.

That's why we were there, nothing huge, but playing with them on terraces is fun

Did you Count The Flowers?

Did You Call The DWR & Tell Them What A Great Job They've Done Managing The Flowers?

And Ya!

If You're talkin About The 31" Buck You Won't Be Seeing Him In There Anymore!

The F'N SmokePole Had A Dreaded Scope On It As Well!

Point to the road.

You bitched about there not being and 9 year old, 40" bucks standing
broadside in the road waiting for the turbo to spin down.

Hard to figure out who the realist isView attachment 118606

So Please Do Tell Us Hossy?

Why Are You Still Not On The Mountain Hunting?

And I Don't Wanna Hear Your Book Full Of BULLSSHITT Excuses!

Don't Tell Us Your Kids Had A Foot Ball Game!

Don't Tell Us They Had School Activities!

Don't Tell Us The Mud Finally Dried!

And Don't Tell Us Ms Hossy Just Couldn't Live Without You Another Day!

It Huntin Season For GAWDS Sake!

That's When You Take 10 Days Off!

That's When Kids Miss 2 Weeks Of School!

My Teachers & My Kids Teachers Knew!

My School shut Down For Several Days When Deer Season Rolled Around!

I Know You Won't Obey But We Don't Need To Hear Any Of Your BS Excuses!

So Please Do Tell Us Hossy?

Why Are You Still Not On The Mountain Hunting?

And I Don't Wanna Hear Your Book Full Of BULLSSHITT Excuses!

Don't Tell Us Your Kids Had A Foot Ball Game!

Don't Tell Us They Had School Activities!

Don't Tell Us The Mud Finally Dried!

And Don't Tell Us Ms Hossy Just Couldn't Live Without You Another Day!

It Huntin Season For GAWDS Sake!

That's When You Take 10 Days Off!

That's When Kids Miss 2 Weeks Of School!

My Teachers & My Kids Teachers Knew!

My School shut Down For Several Days When Deer Season Rolled Around!

I Know You Won't Obey But We Don't Need To Hear Any Of Your BS Excuses!

Elk hunting next 2 weeks, then youth waterfowl, then muzzy, then 2 weeks elk, then 2 weeks deer, then waterfowl until feb

Come On Hossy!

With The Deer Herd So Well Managed You Shouldn't Need To Hunt Them That Long!

Good Luck!

You Know I Like RAZZIN Ya!

Who You Feeding Them NASTY QUACKERS To?

Lol. Bess NEVER answers questions regarding his hunting, only lectures everyone else on theirs.
So true. And so predictable. Some things never change!

We still cannot get a straight answer from Bessy as to whether he drew his long-awaited elk tag last year.

Hawkeye

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom