archery season and the moon

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Is this swaying anyone's thought process? Next year dates are something to consider as well. I think I'm going to apply regardless as to these two factors - I won't draw anyway.

I live in the middle of elk country and every year about the end of August bulls start bugling and by the 1st of Sept they are starting to rut and starting to come into calls. It goes on all Sept into October every year no matter what the weather or moon is doing. I’ve been hunting and watching them since I was a kid and see the same thing every year. In southern NM by Sept 10 the date AZ archery is going to start bulls are really fired up. Sometimes guys just aren’t in the right place at the right time. To me pressure plays a bigger part than the moon. I know some spots where the bulls bugle and rut all day long every year...no pressure.

I've archery hunted AZ twice. The first time I don't recall when the full moon was but they really started going about the 18th. Last fall the dark of the moon was about the 15th and they really started going about the 21st- but it was really hot. Seems to me that nearly every year no matter what the moon phase the last 5 or so days of the early archery season are the best - and the later the better.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom