Archery season in 39

I have been up a few times this season and have seen some deer but the numbers have been very low. Sixteen bucks and the biggest was a 20" wide 3 point, nothing worth taking a second look at. Its goin on the third week and still no prime rutt behavior. We just need more bad weather.

Hunted it this past weekend, saw probably 400+ deer, biggest buck was a 2 ft. 3 point, lots of forkies chasin the does hard, pretty depressing to see that many deer, the buck/doe ratio sucked and that many little bucks doing the buisness.

Sounds a lot like what I have been running into. The biggest deer I saw was a small 3 point. Like you guys said, a bunch of forkies chasing does around. Not looking like it is going to be a great season unfortunately. We need some bad weather and it doesn't look like any is on the way.

I've been hunting in the blacks creek area and have only seen a bunch of does. Can anyone point me to an area where there is any bucks? I don't want to kill the producers ya know. The government is doing that for us.

silentbroadhead, I have hunted that area before, but it takes a lot of weather to bring the big bucks down that low.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not actually the one hunting, my buddy is. I'm just the designaed pack horse. Ha Ha

i was hunting up around 7000 feet today and i was in a t-shirt at first light, we need weather

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom