Are the bulls talking yet??

J

JimmyAZ

I'm heading out Friday and curious to see if anybodies been hearing anything. I got a report that they were starting to talk in Springerville, AZ area, so was curious about NM. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I have a buddy out there in west Central New Mexico that has been out there the last two days and started hunting today and hasn't heard a bugle yet.

It has been my experience that where there is larger herds, you have a little better early activity in NM. Also, bulls can be bugling hard on the last week of august and then once the huntin convoys start coming in, they shut up. Then around Sept 8-12 things start getting interesting. Hunting a silent bull is not a bad thing on the first hunt. Good luck

Heard one tearing it up on Aug 13 around 530 in the afternoon in southern NM. I have never heard them that early before but am sure he was a small bull trying to get in some dominance before he gets beat up on in a few weeks

I am hearing them at night (not in my dreams) and saw a stud bull from my deck this morning.

I was out this past weekend and heard a few little chirps, good luck to all the bow hunters

-Paul...did you get a pic of the stud? I'm going through a withdrawl, we need some good pics posted

>I was out this past weekend
>and heard a few little
>chirps, good luck to all
>the bow hunters
>
>-Paul...did you get a pic of
>the stud? I'm going through
>a withdrawl, we need some
>good pics posted

800 yards away. Some day I need to get a good camera, but, I have a hard time keeping up with technology.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom