Area 101 elk (Nov-Jan)

GONHUNTIN

one of my hunting buddies drew elk in 10 Late season, would like to get some info on the area. he or I have never hunted the area. I have been told on the east end near Wells, any more help be appreated thanks, Mark

Mark
Thats a bummer of a tag. I've been all over the Ruby's and I've never seen an elk or any sign of em. I was up in the East Humbolts back in 1999 and I heard one bugle up in Second Boulder but thats the only time. I was back in Second Boulder in 2007 and there was a couple feet of snow and I didn't see any sign of elk then. I've heard rumors of a few south of Harrison Pass but never seen em. The only place that I have seen them is over on the Maverick's. Just a couple rag horns and a few cows. When you get over there check with the guy at the Ruby Valley market. He killed a mediocre bull out there a few years back. You might check down in Orchard Canyon I did see some sign there. Or over in the Medicine range, I've seen a little sign there also but no elk.
Good luck
Wes

The regs even say it's a depredation hunt to "reduce or eliminate" the elk in that area. I've spent some time in the Rubies and East Humboldts also. Only sign I saw was on the flats at the very south end of the E. Humboldts. Even spent most of a week on top 9/28-10/4. Nary a bugle.

But lets hope he beats the odds and kills a big one.

I forgot to mention this is a cow hunt, I guess I will check with NDOW see what they have to say, thanks for the input. guess I better get out there and start scouting just looking for areas to start

10 years ago there were quite a few elk in the E. Humboldts. Pretty tough hunt, now.
Last ones I saw were at Fourth Boulder. But that has been a couple years.

I seen some old bull rubs in the foothills on the east side of the Pequop's. South of I-80. Not sure if this is 101.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-09 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]Pequop is 078. And cows don't rub or bugle!

I saw 2 bulls close to the top of Harrison pass in Jan of this year.Just little 5 pointers but elk none the less. I see a few tracks in there every winter while lion hunting but never big herds. I've heard there's a few behind bald mt. mine but I've not seen them myself. Good luck

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom