Area 16, November Rifle Deer

4orMore

I'm trying to decide if I want to go DIY on my Nov. 12-16 Rifle deer hunt in area 16 or go the outfitter route. I would really appreciate any advice on lodging or camping, the area, and any reputable guides/outfitters. Thanks, and good luck to everyone this season!

I will be doing some scouting in Sept, then again in Oct, but it's a long drive from Northern Utah.

If it's within your budget, you probably should consider an outfitter. Based on what I've seen in the areas I've hunted in 16 the last several years, the deer numbers have dropped off significantly due to the wolf population expanding. Assuming the deer have not been completely wiped out but have instead just relocated, a guide is probably your best chance.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with guides to be able recommend one to you.

Yeah, it's also been my understanding that deer numbers in 16 have gone down significantly. I agree that a guide might be your best chance at actually getting on one. Like mozey, I'm not able to recommend anyone, but maybe someone else could see this post and reply with some help or further advice on guides or places to check out, etc. Good luck! I hope you get the help you need to bag one.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom