Area 16

J

jmcenulty

My 15 year old son drew a muley youth tag for area 16. Can anyone give me some advice where to take him? He drew 25 last year and got a doe. Our goal this year is for him to come back with a buck. Even if its a spike. I put in for tags this year and last but did not draw. It doesn't matter though as long as he gets a deer. When we went last year we spent 4 days in the back country just spending time together. No TV, nintendo, computer, ect..
I am not what you call a hunter. My dad didn't spend much time with me, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

James,
The Arc Dome wilderness area, argueably, holds some of the biggest deer in the state. If you are prepared to do a pack hunt then I suggest going in at cow canyon.If you want to stay closer to the road, then you can hunt some of the draws off the reese river road or from the hwy 376 side, there is some good access from that side.
If you post in the mule deer section, there are some guys that have hunted the area recently that may give you some pointers.
I have also heard of some nice bucks coming out of the Kingston canyon area (Big Creek Rd) from Austin.
Good Luck
NVHUNTERER

NVBighorn is right. I checked the map and anything West of 376 is area 17. Anything East is area 16.
Our first choice was area 17 and we plan on putting in for it again next year, so I will keep that in mind.

I've heard the northern end of 162 is good but I have never personally been there. Maybe next yr.

We'll check it out. I see on the map that Antelope peek and Summit mtn are both over ten thousand feet. I am taking my son during muzzle loader season so according to what I have read so far we need to go high.
Thanks

James,
Sorry, if you read the time of my post you'll understand.
Must of had a brain fart at 03:55 a.m.
Shiftwork SUCKS!!!
NVHUNTERER

P.S. Good Luck in area 16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16,16

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom