Area 22 type 6 elk

Chesterwyo

Very Active Member
I've got this tag. Anyone with experience hunting cow elk there? I have time this weekend, and was thinking about going to take a look. Given how nasty and steep the Ferris Mountains are. I hope the elk can be found more towards the bottom ?

>I've got this tag. Anyone with
>experience hunting cow elk there?
>I have time this weekend,
>and was thinking about going
>to take a look. Given
>how nasty and steep the
>Ferris Mountains are. I hope
>the elk can be found
>more towards the bottom ?
>

Good luck, finding a cow in 22 is harder than finding a 320" bull there. In all honesty, the cow hunting can be very hard. Hunt the far east end of the unit in the big burns. The habitat there is pretty amazing, but be aware that the blow down and old timber pockets are death traps with dead fall stacked like Pixie sticks...

>I've got this tag. Anyone with
>experience hunting cow elk there?
>I have time this weekend,
>and was thinking about going
>to take a look. Given
>how nasty and steep the
>Ferris Mountains are. I hope
>the elk can be found
>more towards the bottom ?
>

Good luck, finding a cow in 22 is harder than finding a 320" bull there. In all honesty, the cow hunting can be very hard. Hunt the far east end of the unit in the big burns. The habitat there is pretty amazing, but be aware that the blow down and old timber pockets are death traps with dead fall stacked like Pixie sticks...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom