Area 261-268

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Do these areas hold very many deer? If I put in for this hunt, what could I expect the conditions to be? Is this area pretty much all desert? I haven't hunted Nevada but I've got 6 points and I want to use them this year. Any suggestions if 261-268 is not where I should be using my points? Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

Steve

with 6 B.P. there alot better hunts,than trying to find a deer in 261-268.Mt Charlston has some deer,but more Elk.As a N.R.and "Handfull" of B.P. I'd be looking at unit 231,for Quality and a Good chance to draw.The early hunts in 221-223,and 111-113 have quite a few tags,but would be a Pre-Rut hunt at "BEST".Nv offers some Great Muz Deer hunts,in Sept.One of the Best hunts is the Nov muz deer hunt in 114-115,and 6 Points could draw here.Good Luck in "08"

I checked the draw odds for 114 Muzzy and the percentage was not that great. Same with 111-113 late. I want to hunt. I don't want to wait another year. Times a wastin'...no what I mean? I'm realizing Im 37 and haven't hunted Nevada because I've been gathering bonus points for the last 6 years. I WANT TO HUNT!! I appreciate your suggestions very much. I think I will really need to dive into the draw odds and look at my best odds compared to the most productive areas. Thanks again for the advice.

Steve

I agree. Stay away from 261-268 especially with 6 bonus points. There are only a few localized pockets that even hold deer.

Hey Steve,

If Nevada averages points you can apply with me? I don't know squat but I will sure look into it for "us"? Ha!

Good luck. I have one point and cannot for the life of me understand why I do not have more? You were very smart. I always wanted to hunt Nevada deer! I think you can find a great hunt!

ktc- I have always hated the states where you have to buy a license just to apply. BUT...if you cant beat'em, join 'em! If you ever want to try a different state, you've got to play their way. It sucks but what can you do?

If I share my points with anybody...it'll have to be my Dad. I think I owe him for introducing me to hunting. My Dad is the kind of guy that says, "You use all the points for yourself...I'll just come along and glass!" We oughta be lucky we had Dads that love to hunt....and took the time to take us kids along.

Steve

Steve,

I've hunted this set of units twice and I'd heed the cautionary comments of fellow posters and look elsewhere for a 2008 muley. This unit has low success and that success is almost exclusively by hunters that live in the units and pick up the trail of a specific buck and then hunt it until they kill it. The deserts are lonely, barren, brain-numbing places to hunt and this isn't Sonora where a whopper can be behind the next cactus. Calling this country tough is an understatement.

I've got 5 BP's for 08 and will be looking into a muzzy hunt as well as something in the 200 or 100 series of hunt units. Good luck wherever you decide to apply.
Jim

AZBucksnort- I apreciate the info. Being a non-res. I wont have time to find a buck, pattern him and then put myself in a good spot to take him. It's no fun not seeing game. I'd rather see a lot of average bucks than one really good buck. Thanks again for the info.

Steve

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom