Area 43, general info

alinrut

I hunted area 43 a couple years ago (Deer 2006), some may have heard about the guy that rolled a quad runner down a certain hill....yep that was me (actually a friend of mine). I stumbled on a pretty good location where I saw lots of deer and several good bucks but wasn't fortunate enough to harvest.

I'm out in Fort Lewis now, and am on my way to Iraq for a year and will be back in the area for 2010 season.

Was just curious how anyone did this past year and if it's still a good area? Has there been any fires that pushed them out? Has it been over run by wolves yet? How is it for elk? I didn't see many of them there.

Thanks for the general info, just curious is all. It was my best season ever that I had their in Idaho and I will certainly be back.

Be safe and good luck to all of you in future hunts

Al

Not to rain on the parade, but the elk permits have gone from 250-400 total a few years back down to about 100 total for 2009. The wolves and winters have had an impact. The deer have also suffered, I believe mostly from the winters and an overabundance of hunters.

It might turn around for elk with restricted permits, but then once the numbers come back, the permit numbers may stay down and it will be hard to draw again.

As for deer, do your homework because there are better units than 43 (and 39) which, for some reason, attract a lot of pressure (possibly because they are relatively close to Boise).

Good luck, stay safe, and thank you for what you do for our country. God Bless.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom