Area 47 Elk

Chow_Hound

I am hunting 75 for antelope nexy year and was thinking about picking up a cow tag for my 14 year old son for 47. Just looking for some general info about what part of the unit the elk inhabit and what the access is like there. Basically, is it worth picking up the tag?

Thanks

There are lots of elk in this unit, but also lots of private. It's mostly a wide open sage brush type hunt, not what you would think of typical elk country. I think elk can be found most anywhere in the unit. You might look into the walk in area i know people that have killed elk on that. If you can get permission it shouldnt be to hard to kill a cow. Seen hundreds of elk in the area last year while hunting antelope in 76 with a friend. Some land owners are pretty good about allowing access i think, because the elk numbers are way up and almost starting to become a problem.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom