Area 6 early rifle

bigbuckin501

Just wanting to know if anybody has any early 6 muley pics of bucks that they have harvested in the recent years I’m pretty decent with knowledge on the area just been awhile since we were there so just trying to see how the trophy quality has been holding up before this year. You can PM me if you would prefer to do so that way. Thank you

Congrats on the tag....I am assuming you are a resident? How many points did you draw with?
Thank you, I’m just happy to have a tag for nevada on what should be a great year I am not a resident of Nevada but I have family in Elko and some really good buddies here and there as well. I’m from up in idaho so not too far away. Have you hunted this hunt recently ?

Thank you, I’m just happy to have a tag for nevada on what should be a great year I am not a resident of Nevada but I have family in Elko and some really good buddies here and there as well. I’m from up in idaho so not too far away. Have you hunted this hunt recently ?
No sir...but you may get some help here....6 is always on my application....up to 10 NR points now.

You're in for a great hunt in big 6 and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. Super cool country and a lot of deer by Nevada standards. Best part is that you can choose the kind of hunt you want day to day. Hit the high country to see more deer numbers up in the Quake pockets or scour the lower sage country looking for those elusive big desert bucks. I've spent time in 6 for several years in a row and we have always been able to find 'the' buck with a little work and patience. Congrats on a great tag!----SS

You're in for a great hunt in big 6 and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. Super cool country and a lot of deer by Nevada standards. Best part is that you can choose the kind of hunt you want day to day. Hit the high country to see more deer numbers up in the Quake pockets or scour the lower sage country looking for those elusive big desert bucks. I've spent time in 6 for several years in a row and we have always been able to find 'the' buck with a little work and patience. Congrats on a great tag!----SS
Thank you yeah I’m excited to be goin back to the area again and with my own tag to fill.

Drew the same tag this year as well. Scouted it last weekend. Beautiful country and still super green. Mountain tops still have snow. Unreal the amount of Mormon crickets I had to deal with. The ground was moving and they crawled all over my stuff and had to slow down on the roads they were so covered with crickets eating crickets.

Drew the same tag this year as well. Scouted it last weekend. Beautiful country and still super green. Mountain tops still have snow. Unreal the amount of Mormon crickets I had to deal with. The ground was moving and they crawled all over my stuff and had to slow down on the roads they were so covered with crickets eating crickets.
Yeah I’m gonna be there beginning of September sometime to take another look around I went through and made a very quick visit and just missed the crickets by a day or two from what I was told

I had to set my tent up with the doors zipper closed and then smack them all off the tent jump in and zip it back up immediately. It was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Glad they don't bite or sting, they were just obnoxious and they stunk. I had to run my truck through the car wash 3 times when I got home, the guts were like tar and my entire truck was red.

I was surprised I didn’t spot any bucks up high. I was seeing antelope, elk and does/fawns up high but zero bucks. My guess was that they were down low in the ag still, waiting for the snow to be completely gone. Anyone have experience with the bucks movements this time of year? The only velvet I saw in 3 days was down low coming out of ag fields.

Just wanting to know if anybody has any early 6 muley pics of bucks that they have harvested in the recent years I’m pretty decent with knowledge on the area just been awhile since we were there so just trying to see how the trophy quality has been holding up before this year. You can PM me if you would prefer to do so that way. Thank you
Nice I’ve got the same tag. Looking forward to the short window I have up there.

We hunted early rifle for 10 days and went back for the last weekend and we only saw one fair sized buck only mid 20s everything else was forks or spikes

Just spent a few days over there could not believe the lack of deer perfect feed water Etc.
The feed this year is unreal. I was there a few weekends back and the green grass was knee high. At that point there was still snow on the peaks too. If any bucks did make it through in decent shape they should have some good growth this year.

I don't think any made it I'm sorry
The feed this year is unreal. I was there a few weekends back and the green grass was knee high. At that point there was still snow on the peaks too. If any bucks did make it through in decent shape they should have some good growth this year.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom