Area 6 muzz

Downrange

Just wondering if you guys think the muzz hunt in area 6 is better then the early rifle hunt for the same area. Understand there was some big fires again in that area last year. Did it have any effect on the deer this past winter. What do you guys think. I will not draw this area but sure would like to hunt it in the future.

The muzzy hunts are hard to judge factors to consider are there will be less chance of weather it will be hot but there should be fewer people in the field. One of the big problems with the rifle hunt is the cow elk hunts running at the same time. Also I am considering that hunt as well since if you do see bucks they should still be bachelor groups so multiple bucks could more likely be seen.

I hunted area 6 muzzy last year for 10 solid days and didn't hardly see anything worth chasing. I've also hunted area 7 and 10 and have had way better luck. I think the fires in 6 the last few years have put a pretty good hurt on the deer herds.

6 is a huge unit. I've hunted it 3 times with a bow. By the time muzzy season comes you better know where the bucks go or you won't see much. It has plenty of good bucks and I would take a muzzy tag over a rifle tag just because there are fewer hunters.

You can hike but its not much of an area for backpacking.
From my experience the muzzy season can be tough, they seem to be in a transition period and if its warm its really hard to find bucks.

>Are there any areas a guy
>can hike into to get
>away from the people or
>is there roads everywhere.

Edward

Try 051 not a ridiculously difficult draw bilirubin has a huge wilderness that you can pack into. Or area 10 has lots of nooks and crannies

for what it is worth, i think unit 6 would be a GREAT muzz hunt, use your glass and cover some ground and you WILL see some shooter bucks, but what do i know...lol....

search the archives and you will see some sweet 6 muzz bucks

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Cool bucks for sure. Thanks for the info. I put in for area 6 muzz 1st choice. I guess we will see what happens. I have no points because I drew 15 last year. It was a fun hunt but good hell there was a lot of hunters huntn.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom