Area 7 Late Rifle

greatbasin

I had Area 7 once before in a Sept muzz hunt and ate the tag. I passed up many 3 pts. but could not find a bigger buck anywhere.

From I have learned that hunt was 2 years after a massive die off(2003 I think)...It was a hard lesson learned.

How about the late rifle season, any of you ever hunt this? Is it worth 8 points?
Is a lot of snow necessary to make it a good hunt?
Any thoughts on trends over the last few seasons?

Just wondering what kind of quality and numbers a guy could expect. Thanks, PM me if you'd rather.

GB

I hunted this once with my cousin who had the tag and it can be tough. We were there about 5 days after the opener which had some weather right before the opener tose who hunted the opening day had good luck and saw a lot of deer. We didnt see much so the deer had obviously already passed through. IF the weather comes early you could miss them altogether. But if the weather starts and stops then starts again who knows where you will find them.

As far as quality of buck I am convinced there are huge bucks in every unit in Nevada all the time! Especially in the eastern desert its all about finding them they are there.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom