area 72-74 for elk

Catchindeers

Just wondering opinions on the november rifle hunts for these areas, from the research ive done seems the bulls are getting better and better in the jarbidge, i guees the elk go down in the flats even during november, anyways would love to get some opinions on this area compared to the scheels or something?

Very good bulls there 320-360 class, a few bigger but not this year I am afraid, very low moisture, but you never know
. You are correct on where to find them come November, almost like huntin antelope. Early snow will make that hunt rock, good luck

I have hunted this area a number of times. I think the previous comment about 320- 360 bulls is a little steep for the unit but then again there is always that chance. Everytime I have been up there you see tons of 260-280 bulls with bigger ones being found here and there. On one hunt we took a 320 bull on the second to last day after hunting the entire season and on another hunt we got luchy and found a 7x7 that grossed out at 347 after a week and a halk of hunting. On the other hand yes you are right about hunting the lower elevation. I wouldn't say "flats" but deffinatly lower.Both the bigger bulls we killed were in wilderness. Hope this helps you out. Also as with any unit in NV there is a chance that you could pull out an absolute monster in this unit. Pm me if there is anything else

Fortheloveofit:

Not sure where you hunt, but I have been all over unit 072 in particular and in 074 for the late hunt as well. I have honestly seen bulls in the 380-390 class on a yearly basis. Though I am usually chasing bucks, go figure. In reference to what I called out as 320-360 class bulls, I am talking about top end bulls. It goes without saying that there will be smaller ones to chase. I am only giving what is my honest opinion of what is there, and they are there. I really want to help out a fellow hunter who has literally a tag of a lifetime.

Bucksgonewild:

I have hunted that late hunt. It was quite the eye-opener the first time I sat and watched groups of bulls out in the flats. Kind of reminded me of what it must have been like before they got pushed into the hills. Not really easy to hunt, since they will literally run into Idaho if spooked, but if they come outta the wilderness then it is an awesome fun hunt. I can't give you an exact spot to go to but I can say this. Just be west-southwest of Jackpot about 30 miles and it's close to where I would be if I had the tag.

P.S. I have a 061-071 archery bull tag to work on so I have my own problems to work on. Happy hunting

hntfool

I don't dought for a minute that you have seen bulls like that or that they are in that area. Maybe it was just lack of luck that I did't see any bulls like this when I wazs up there but like you I am giving my honest experience to Bucksgonewild. I do have video of a bull in the wilderness during archery season that would score somewhere between the 370 and 380 range and was never killed that year. So yes there are bulls like that in there and this has been my experience in the 072-074 unit. Hopefully Bucksgonewild is one of the luky ones and kills one of those 380-390 type bulls.

htnfool,

I have a late tag for 075, and your "30 miles" reference appears close to that area - any insight you would be willing to share for that area? I have so far been focusing my research on the southern end, but the Northern end looks to have much easier private/public access. Thanks for any insight you are willing to share.

Stillearnin,

Sorry, I have no help for you in 075, barely walked around in there. I was looking for deer back when I ran over there. My experience is in 071,072, 073 and 074. GOt those units pretty well mapped out. Beautiful country....

Good luck down there

thanks guys for the info! boy i sure get mixed reviews of this hunt but i think there are some great bulls in there! in my opinion anything 350 over is huge and i know they are there just have to find them, htnfool i might of had a buddy that drew that tag, let me hit him up and see what unit it was

well i went on the hunt, was completly amazing!! i saw so many frakin bulls i loved it, i did see a good amount of bulls from 300 to 340, nothing over 350 but we were there only a day and a half, i am sure they are in there, but what an awesome unit and fun hunt!!

>well i went on the hunt,
>was completly amazing!! i saw
>so many frakin bulls i
>loved it, i did see
>a good amount of bulls
>from 300 to 340, nothing
>over 350 but we were
>there only a day and
>a half, i am sure
>they are in there, but
>what an awesome unit and
>fun hunt!!

so did one hit the dirt?

yeah it was just a 300 bull, nice bull and he was stoked, was his first bull, we kind of messed up but score is not everything, main thing is we had an amazing time, its so awesome to see that many bulls

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom