area16 early

brownie

Got me an alternate tag for 16 early. NDOW SENT IT TO ME YESTERDAY. Can't wait till I go scout. You know theres some big bucks in unit 16! Don't ya think!

Brownie

CONGRATS BROWNIE, THAT CAN BE A GREAT TAG TO HAVE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!!! PUT THE GLASS TO WORK.................YD.

I filled my archery cow tag in that area on Aug 1. We backpacked in an area where we have seen very few people. Saw 14 bucks the first night from one vantage point. All solo or groups of two which is strange because we normally see them in groups of 3 or more. And we found ZERO ELK. So the next morning (archery elk opener) we followed the ridge about 2 miles to a different vantage point to glass some new country and saw 8 bucks, all solo, before I stalked and shot my cow at 10:30am. Most bucks I have seen in that particular area and the least amount of elk. We saw a total of 28 deer not counting fawns, a bachelor group of 6 bulls (biggest only being in the 325 range) and 3 cows with 2 calves.

We didn't see any "Monster Muleys" but we did see a couple 160-170 class bucks. One may have been bigger, but I couldn't get a good judgment of his fronts with the sun in my face. He was about 28 wide and real boxy with deep backs. We tend to see weak backs and strong fronts in this locations so he could be a real good buck. Normally we see at least one easy 180"+ buck, but not this trip. We also weren't looking for deer so I'm sure there was one up there.

Great area to draw. I just wish I still lived close to it so I could scout it better.

Best advise I have is avoid the pressure ( Table Mountain). Sure big bucks are killed up there every year, but there is also a lot of people hunting. Find the roads less traveled and the high altitude areas with no roads.

My brother in law has this same tag. Brownie you took my tag I was hoping for an alternate tag dam it. Ha good luck it's a good area and fun to hunt. We have hunted it a few times. Big steep country.

Well Edwards, I got a nice buck, not a giant by any means, but a good buck.Looked hard and heavy in my old stomping ground and saw very few deer.Drought and lots of cows all summer kept them out of there normal spots. Had to go to plan B, got a tip there were lots of deer down low this year because of the feed. So, I gave the low country a try, it turned out there were alot of deer there, and lots of bucks. I was hunting with two of my son's , I was the only one with a tag. Just happened that the two sons, (I have four) I was hunting with have different opinions on what kind of buck I should shoot I passed a couple but jumped a dandy 3x3 , My youngest said ,"don't shoot" my second son has different prioraties, His words were " your crazy if you don't take that deer" so one shot and 150 yards later I was standing over a mature 27" 3x3 I had a bast hunting with my boys, and can't wait till I draw again. Hope I won't be to old and fat to do it again. I'll post a pic if I can figure it out

Thanks

Brownie

Sounds like you had a great hunt and having your boys there with you is priceless. We hunted high and turned up some bucks that were 24 to 26 inches wide but really thin horned. My brother In law put a 24 in moderate mass straight 4 pt down with moderate tine length, just a nice deer. Hope we get back there real soon, fun hunt we seen good numbers and not many hunters.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom