Arizona 37A help

Y

yukonjacko

My brother drew a sheep permit in 37A and I was hoping to get some information and a few names of outfitters who guide in that area to contact.

Thanks,
Jack

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-09 AT 08:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-09 AT 08:17?PM (MST)

Hey Jack I had a sheep tag last year in Az and I went with Travis Scott, from www.southwesthuntingadventures.com he was and unbelievable guy and guide, we ended up killing a 180 inch sheep. The other client he had last year also killed a boone and crokett sheep. His # is 323-718-1865, a sheep tag is once in a lifetime, if I had it again, I'd go with the same guy. Ken

Good advice Ken. Jack it might be your brothers best interest to at least check him out. He has some nice scouting pics on the AZ forum under July sheep scouting pics by maddglasser.

You wont find a more dedicated/aggressive guide than him.

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pictures of rams that are in the unit right now. My wife killed a 167 pt sheep there in 2006.

Jack,
Congrats to your brother! Will you be flying from China to make the hunt? Hope you guys get a dandy. Is this a hunt for the slam or 3/4? Best of luck.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 01:43AM (MST)[p]2 of my uncles have killed sheep there. I have helped on several hunts there and my uncles have helped on tons more hunts out there. They guide with Chris Harlow's outfit. We all spend a lot of time in the unit and have a really good idea of what is in the unit right now. If you haven't spoken with Chris yet, I would and not just because I know him, he is a wealth of desert sheep information.

Bret Mattausch

Bret,

My brother will be hunting with your uncles. He had talked to Chris about the area and booked his hunt with him. It sounds like he will be in for a great hunt.

Jack

Cool, I am sure he will enjoy it. It is a really neat place to hunt sheep. I have to help some buddies on an elk hunt the first few days of the month but will probably be down there as an extra set of eyes immediately after the elk hunt, if needed. He is in excellent hands with my uncles and the rest of Chris' crew though.

Bret M.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom