Arizona Application Questions

B

bulleyfever

I live in arizona and i apply every year for elk deer and antelope, i dont have much luck getting drawn and i want to know if theres any tricks or any thing i can do to increase my odds.I heard of being the last to apply so your on top of the pile.Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Bulleyfever

It sounds like if your not getting drawn you should be building up some bonus points. Unless your not buying the license and then it's like your putting in for the first time every year. If you are getting the bonus points then you should be building them up and it's only a matter of time before you draw a nice tag. Unless your putting in for units like the strip then it could take your whole life even with points. If that's the case you might look at the units your putting in for. Hope that helped.

bullyfever,

Oh yeah, there certainly are several "tricks of the trade" when it comes to getting drawn in thr Arizona Fall Big Game Drawings. Sorry no one has shared them with you to this point, so, if you don't mind, I'll give you the tips that have worked for many in the past...

1) You gotta fill out that application with a title next to your name like M.D., Esq., or D.D.S....just don't put down Rev. as that one hasn't worked yet for me.

2) Fill out the application with green ink. The gals at the Arizona Game & Fish Dept are partial to the pretty, green ink filled out applications and will give them preference. Really.

3) Always get your application in on the first day they are accepted and it's better to hand them in personally than to have them arrive via U.S. Postal Service.

4) Always get your application in on the last day, preferably just before they lock the door, so your application will be the last one in the locked box for your area.

5) NEVER APPLY VIA THE EVIL INTERNET. NEVER. NEVER. NEVER.

6) Make sure you apply with a nonresident applicant as the AZG&F really wants to award the permits to those who pay the most for them. Makes sense right?

7) Find a relative of someone in the AZG&F Dept, or better yet, apply with an actual employee as everyone knows AZG&F employees always draw the best tags.

8) If you can't follow rule 3 or 4 and are forced to put your applications in a mail receptacle, never place all your applications into the same mailbox. Drive around your community
and place individual applications in mail boxes you "get a good feeling about."

9) Prayer works.

10) A festive Christmas card to your local AZG&F office keeps your name in the minds of those who issue the "random numbers" that determine the draw order.

I hope these 10 special secrets easy your application process this year. If any other MM members have any addition secrets of their own to share, I'm sure we'd all benefit from your experiences!

bulleyfever,

One piece of serious advice. If you have not already, make sure to take advantage of gaining a free permanent bonus point for all species. Take the AZF&G hunter's ed course and get your points.

Zim from NW Indiana

BuckSnort...
Your killing me.. I can't believe you gave out all of the Super Super secrets of getting drawn in Arizona for big game..

You need to be the son of the Governor so you can be drawn for bighorn sheep the first year you apply. I don't know if this is possible with our current gov.

Also, when the hunt choices were entered by prisoners, I included a small file in the envelope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom