Arizona OTC spring bear?

RidgeRebel

I am looking at getting the most out of my AZ hunting license ,especially since I probably won't draw for elk, and am considering a spring bear hunt. Is there an OTC unit anyone would be willing to suggest? I have hunted bears a couple times in CO, but have never even seen one during the hunt. I would be happy to even see a bear let alone get a shot at one. Again I am willing to share any info I have for deer and elk in UT in exchange for info. I also know a little about elk in CO.

Thanks
Bob

Spring bear is usually pretty tough with the bears still pretty lazy and not very active. I've seen guys kill them by calling them in mostly in the spring. If possible you're gonna want to try one of the higher elevation units. 23n, 4a, 3c, 1 or 27. I've only hunted bears in the fall but guys do have success in the spring.

Thanks for taking the time to post, I will see what I can find out on those units. I have been told the fall is better, I will hopefully be chasing deer and elk somewhere at that time. I really would like to get a bear though so maybe I need to give it a shot.

Definitely more success during the fall hunt but if you try the spring hunt and don't kill and then end up having an elk or deer tag that bear tag will still be good in some units so might get lucky and still have a chance at bear if you run into one.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom