Arizona Unit 22

P

Ponyboy

Hey yall, just wondering if any one would be willing to offer a little information on Arizona's unit 22 for couse deer. I have been told to try around Payson, anyone have any diffrent ideas? Also does any one know if they are into the rut yet or when they might start? I am going down to scout a few days early and would just like a place to start, I am not looking for a monster just a nice buck. Thanks in advance.

He said he was just looking for a starting point and a little bit of info. It did not sound like a guy asking for a honey hole to me, just a bit of advice.
I am sure somebody here will lend a helping hand.

Drum

My experience in 22 is limited, but I have spotted several over the years in the canyons around Hardscrabble Mesa. I could have even been in the wilderness. Never hunted them though.

Most of the areas I liked to chase coues in the past got charred up in the willow fire. Always had luck west of punkin center in the higher elevations towards the back side of four peaks. Anywhere around Mt Ord is good. South east of payson can also be good along the south end of the hellsgate wilderness area. As others have said.......deer are all over the unit, you just gotta glass 'em up. Good luck and shoot a good one.

Hey guys thanks for the info, I really do appreciate it. Muleybull, you asked where I am from, I am from St. George, Ut. Right across the state line from the Strip. I grew up out there hunting the monsters of 13A and 13B. I am not used to hunting the smaller breed of deer, but I am always up for a challenge. Again thanks for the Info, and by the way this is not my first time posting on monster mulies, I just couldn't get any one to respond on the coues section so I thought I would try this one.

By the way Muleybull the last part of that was not directed towards you but towards firstcoueswas80inches. I don't mean that in a bad way either.

Ponyboy,
Did you check you inbox. I sent you a PM a day or two ago.

Doug/RedRabbit

Hey all, Ponyboy is a true muledeer fanatic who spends alot of time doing his passion. Over the years, he and his family have gotten some monster muleys both on the Strip and in Utah. He is kind of like me and spends a lot of time reading these forums but rarely posts. If anyone could give him some info, I'm sure he would return the favor if you ever draw in his area.

Thanks,
oakbrush.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-04 AT 11:11PM (MST)[p]Hey oakbrush I don't know whether or not that was sarcastic or not but you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't post much and I really don't read alot. I spend most of my time out in the hills or at school. I am a firm believer of helping out those that help you. I guess you could say that is why I don't ask for peoples for their honey holes, because to tell the truth I would never give up that information. But I will give generic info to help out those that are serious hunters and can keep their mouths shut if they wree to shot a nice one and not tell any one were they shot it.
Thanks for the Post. Ponyboy
P.S. oakbrush where you from that you know me and my fam? This is what I hate about these forums, people know me and I don't know them, I am computer illiterate.

Sorry if I butted in on your post. I was just trying help you get some responses. I was not trying to be sarcastic. If you click on that little icon shaped like a persons head to the right of my username, you will get my profile. That is how I knew who you were. You know me pretty good actually. As I am typing this, I can look out my window and see your house.

Talk to you later.

There are some seriously touchy folks around here these days. It never hurts to ask for help. If you don't want to help, then don't respond. Its that simple.

I'm obviously not from Arizona, but upon networking, my hunting friends are telling me that they are seeing the deer already beginning to rut, and they are rather concerned because it is so early.

Thanks for the help guys. I am glad to hear that the bucks are hitting the rut. I know that many of you are worried, and just rights you should. The went into rut early here and lots of big bucks were killed, but I have seen alot of good ones that have made it through. So there is still hope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom