Army Service done... 2014 Colo Hunt

NebrCatMan

Well it's finally going to happen. After serving 2 tours of combat duty in Iraq and 8 years in the Army Reserves my son finally will have enough vacation built up in his post army civilian job to go with "the ole man" and get to do a archery hunt for elk in Colo. I am getting a little older each year and the legs aren't as good as they used to be, but I am excited as my son. We hunted a lot of deer and varmints here in Se Nebr. since he was 5.Really close as I raised him when his mom took off. Just want to have a good time in Sept. 2014 and hopefully get into some elk for him to see. Any suggestions or comments?

Hey thanks a lot guys for the comeback. No, he has no points so it will probably have to be an over the counter bow hunt. Don't know if it will be first week of season or last week or some where in between. But I am planning it already every nite when I hit the sack till I fall asleep!!! I have been in Colorado the last three years ....... two in 62 ( think I drove past your place Dominquez on our way up the north side of divide road, maybe) and last year by Steamboat Springs up high on the divide. We saw elk in 62 but could not get the deal done. I am a pretty good deer hunter but still have a lot to learn and figure out elk hunting. Any way Christmas will be easy to figure out this year for him. Anything for his first trip out west. He is a new dad and about like every young family there is always something that needs to be paid for before you can spend it on yourself. That's what dads and grandpas are for. How was the elk hunting over in 61 and 62 so far this year? Thanks again.... maybe could trade something in Nebraska for something in Colorado with someone. I think I have your phone # Dominquez... if your initials are A. M.

catman, are you only looking at unit 62 to hunt ? I have a cabin in unit 55 above gunnison in the taylor park area that you could use if that would work? lots of good fishing when not hunting beautiful area! also i hunt unit 62 every year so have a little knowledge of the unit let me know if any of this can help.

Hey r270.... how are you doing health wise??? I hope all is going ok!! Did you get a chance to hunt this year? As far as next year I am just starting to research some places where to go with my son. I know things will fall into place no matter what. Again , I hope you are doing ok with your health! Mite have to take you up on hunting 55... almost applied for a bow permit for that unit this year.

Catman,The health is coming its been a tough road and hopefully the end is in sight! i have been only able to take my kids out to hunt so far, I do get to hunt deer this weekend and am looking forward to it. will miss the anual trip to nebraska for whitetail as i am still not strong enough to pull my bow back but looking forward to next year. Do some checking on unit 55 and see what you think I think you can get an archery tag over the counter for this unit,which can give you other options. if you find 55 will work you can come out this summer and stay at our cabin do some fishing and i can show you around and if it will you can come back in the fall. if you want to hunt 62 instead you still have time to change your mind.

Hey cat man,

I have a couple cabins if you would be interested, I would be happy to help you set up a hunt in 62.

Dominguez

Thanks a lot for the offers guys......2014 is a long ways off but hopefully the time flys. Don't know where we will go for sure. I like 62, cept for all the cattle. In time I am sure it will all fall into place. Probably will be contacting a couple of you.... if nothing more just to thank you or maybe take you up on an offer. My son just got a different bow and he puts the shame to the old man shooting targets. I can't seem to hold my bow as steady as I used too. Maybe will have to turn the poundage down some. He took his first Nebr. archery buck the first day or two of November.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom