Arrow decisions

M

muleymaster

I am shooting a 70lb bow at 300fps and use it for deer and elk. right now im shooting the cabelas stalker extremes but want to upgrade. im looking at the carbon express maxima arrows but they make 4 different ones.

the maxima hunters
hunter kv
maxima blue streak
blue streak select

need help choosing the right arrow. I am not fond of camo arrows but if i have no choice ill live with them.

Brand matters less than proper selection. Go for the proper spine first! Then go for tight straightness and weight specs, and avoid ultralight arrows, IMO.

I used the Carbon Express for a long time but had trouble every time I looked at that ?made in Korea?. I switched last year to Easton AXIS and get better penetration and they shoot as well if not better. The best part they are made in the USA. They are also slightly cheaper at my pro shop.

Gold Tip for me as well.. Used to shoot CX exclusively, not any more... The Kinetics are hard to beat when it comes to weight and straightness. I also like the cheaper Gold Tips as well, like the XT's or the Expedition Hunters...

Spine should be your main concern. I'd also be looking for a nice heavy arrow to ensure maximum penetration.

I LOVE carbon express!!!! Right now i am shooting Blue streaks
and last year i shot maxima 3d selects. They are really good arrows i have nothing to complain about them. i have shot them with the new gold tips and eastons and i love carbon express. Just by 6 at first if your not sure about what arrow to shoot and try a couple different arrows out

I am shooting Carbon Express maxima's right now, have been for years and like them, if I switch it will be to Easton FMJ's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom