arrow help

B

Buckeye

What do you put on or use on your arrows to make pulling arrows out of the foam targets, my carbon arrows are very hard to pull, need some ideas, please.

Buckeye:

There's a few commercial substances sold, but most 3D archers I know carry around a small block of Dove soap (the travel size). They simply rub it on the lower portion of the shaft which breaks down the friction and makes it pull out easier. Hope it helps and have fun!

BOHNTR )))-------------->

Two suggestions I'll offer are to "twist" the arrow slightly before you try and pull it out. That will break that grip the target has on it. The other is to wipe your arrows with Armour All. I use both and it makes a difference.

Ghost Hunter

Thanks for the information,I will try the the soap and the armor all, I have a arrow puller, but after 30 targets your arms get tired when they pull very hard. Thanks again

Buckeye:

If you use the armor all, try and use a small amount on a rag and wipe it quickly. You don't want that it penetrating the carbon fibers, as this can break it's strength over time.

BOHNTR )))------------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom