Arrow rests

Elkextreme

Looking to possibly change out my arrow rests. Im currently using wicker brisket and been looking at the drop away rests. Primarily Nap Apache, Rip Cord and QAD- HDX.
I've never used anything but Wisker brisket so I don't have any experience on any dropaway rests.
Any valuable information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I use the Ripcord Ace, and I really like it, but the QAD is a great rest too. Whatever you get, make sure you can let down without the rest falling. I had an original Ripcord rest at one point, and it would fall when I let down and my arrow would hit the shelf and create noise. If you're letting down on an animal, you need it as quiet as possible, and you want to be able to redraw the arrow quickly if necessary. I didn't realize some rests drop when let down when I switched from a whisker biscuit, and I wish someone had given me a heads-up. I did like the simplicity of the whisker biscuit, but I found that both my accuracy and my fps improved with a drop-away.

I have used QADs and have never had a problem. I have heard of rare issues w/ QAD and Rip Cord issues in very cold weather late hunts. On my son's bow we are looking at a Hamskea.

QAD Ultra . I shot a WB for a few years and it was ok out to 25 - 30 yards I put a QAD on and it was a big improvement out to 60.

You're going to get a thousand answers.

I use and love the Vapor Trail Limb Driver PRO V.

NAP Apache is also good.

Lots of people recommend the Hamskea also.

A limb-driven drop away is easy to set up and faster response for the rest to drop whenever you want it to.

Carl

I have the same trophy taker pronghorn rest that i bought new in 2007 i believe. that rest has been on probably 10 bows. Its simple and bullet proof!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom