Arrowrock deer?

Muleyfanatic

Does anybody else on here agree that towards the end of the season there's great hunting there? I went there last year with my uncle and we got up at 4 in the morning and starting hiking up a draw and got on the top of everthing. We saw well over 100 deer. I think its one of those places that if you don't hike your butt off you won't see all that much but once you do they're everywhere. What do you guys think?

On top is a migration route. If you have the right weather, you will see tons of deer. Elk usually winter right there. Great spot, youth has it's advantages

You know the hunting pressure is bad enough, but public comments like this don't help the guys who hunt that area.

you mean it doesnt help half of ada county hunters who hunt this area. do you think the lucky peak/arrowrock/blacks creek area are some sort of secret? i dont think a couple comments are going to do anything.

That area has become terribly littered with people and the deer quality is lacking. If you go high and hard you'll find em but nothing like it was even five years ago.

>That area has become terribly littered
>with people and the deer
>quality is lacking. If you
>go high and hard you'll
>find em but nothing like
>it was even five years
>ago.

Should of seen it in the 70s and 80s..
That late Archery hunt was amazing..

"You know the hunting pressure is bad enough, but public comments like this don't help the guys who hunt that area."

It's really no secret. Not trying to give away a specific spot. There are lots of them. Think about how many will actually read this and put it to use? few at best

I'm a glass is half full type so I'll say, It's a great area to fill a doe tag in the last few days of the season...and for that, the amount of people can really be helpful.

I wish I was around in the 60-80's, I would have loved to hunt back then. Quick someone come up with a time machine.

there are still great bucks in those areas. they just arent easy to get or get to. if there are some good storms, late in the season...look out!!

6498003.jpg

HK

Awesome photo. I agree that there a good deer in there. I saw a 27 inch come out of there this last season. It was pretty cool to know that a buck that size was shot right where i was hunting. Just wish it was me :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom