Art Hirschel of North Country Hunting?

MuddyBoots

I'm looking into hunting Dall sheep in 2013 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with him. This will be my first sheep hunt and probably be a once in a lifetime chance.

Arctic Red and Gana are 1st rate. Also Reynolds Outfitting in the Yukon is one of the best. Does backpack hunts, doesn't advertise, all word of mouth, generally booked 2 years out. Has both Dalls and fannins. Don't know current rates but in past has been ave. or a little below.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-12 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]Art's outfit is in Alaska. I have hunted with him several times and would highly recommend him...If you have further questions concerning Art, you can PM me or email me at [email protected]

I've hunted with Art but it was for grizzly, back in 06.
He's a great guide and outfitter, he's honest, hard working and good company in the field.
I don't know much about his sheep but as an outfitter and person, I highly recommend him.

High5, how'd you fair on your grizz hunt? I went ahead and booked with him after hearing nothing but good things. Like I said I'm primarily going after sheep and if I come across a grizz it'll be a bonus. I can't wait for August now!

Thanks you guys for the responses. I hope to have some good pics to share in about 8 months.

Keep the responses coming though, I'd love to hear some stories.

Shot a beautiful blond griz on the 6th day. It was a great adventure. Landed on a lake in a float plane, then off hunting out of our backpacks for 7 days. It was a great way to experience the interior of Alaska in September.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom