As It Lay, AZ Desert Ram

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
If you ever have a buddy who draws a tag like this, go help and share. It was an awesome experience. He is writing the story up elsewhere, but I found him first after Ron's excellent shot and those are my feet, so I guess it gives me the right to post this picture:) I see why duffers like us were able to get close enough, looks like his eye and nose were damaged fighting earlier:) It's a Nelson.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/1891image.jpeg

Awesome EF!
Of course your words of wisdom are well placed. We should go help our friends and family whenever we have the chance to hunt sheep.

That's a wonderful old trophy ram and your friend should be proud of it and your help should be appreciated.

I have family and friends (thanks LBH and others) who sacrifice for us when we pop a tag and we're extremely thankful for it.

Zeke

Very nice Elmer. Old battle scared rams are special and he's no exception!
Thanks for sharing.

I too agree that vicarious sheep adventures are very close to tag toting ones.
No one wants their sheep experience to be a circus, but having extra, like minded friends and family to help is always a happy bonus. (Zeke, you and others helped with Spence's hunt so we were thrilled to be able to return the favor...totally our pleasure!)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-15 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]Congratulations to all who participated.
Never quite realized how special it is to be involved in a sheep hunt until I lived it myself. Now, that's all hunting equats to in my brain, sheep hunting. I can only hope to enjoy more sheep hunts by helping others that draw. Thanks for sharing what you did. Indeed a warrior.

A lot of the people I talk to just don't get the fact that they likely will never draw a desert ram tag, even if they apply in every state that has them every year. Points systems can't fix a basic supply that far below demand issue.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom