Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

C

Chef

Anyone see this?!!!

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!

Search By bill number: H.R.6257

http://thomas.loc.gov/

Check out the rifles/shotguns in Appendix A!

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Introduced by non other than...

HON. MARK STEVEN KIRK
OF ILLINOIS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
THURSDAY, JUNE 12, 2008

* Mr. KIRK. Madam Speaker, today I join Representatives Castle, Ferguson and Shays in introducing the Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008. This September will mark the fourth anniversary of the expiration of the landmark 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms reported that crimes involving assault weapons dropped by two-thirds while the Federal ban was in effect. As the Nation witnesses a dramatic spread of violent gang activity, it is imperative that we take action to keep automatic weapons out of the hands of these criminals. It is high time to bring back the ban.

* This bill will prohibit the domestic manufacture and sale of military-style semi-automatic assault weapons such as AK-47s and UZIs, as well as high-capacity ammunition clips that hold more than ten rounds. It also includes weapons designed to fit accessories such as flash suppressors, silencers, and bayonets--accessories that serve no legitimate purpose outside the military and law enforcement.

* The Mexican government is currently engaged in a violent war against heavily armed, extremely violent drug traffickers. Just recently the cartels assassinated the Mexican equivalent of our FBI Director. They are now threatening President Calderon's life.

* These gangs operate in every major metropolitan area in the United States, and are increasingly active in suburban America where the local police are ill-equipped to meet this threat. Restoring the assault weapons ban will help level the playing field for these police as they work to keep our communities safe and gang-free.

* I urge my colleagues to join me in sponsoring this commonsense legislation.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Come and get em! and Good luck to those who try.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms reported that crimes involving assault weapons dropped by two-thirds while the Federal ban was in effect."

Note he did not say if it went up or by how much sence the end of the ban????
Just more reason to buy a few more lowers befor Nov.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

4859f1b530a34925.jpg

Stag Ca legal AR

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-08 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-08 AT 06:42?AM (MST)

Make sure you read it carefully. Here is what it says about Appendix A:

SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

(a) RESTRICTION- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subsection (u) the following:

'(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.

'(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection.

'(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

'(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;

'(B) any firearm that--

'(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;

'(ii) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or

'(iii) is an antique firearm;

'(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition; or

'(D) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

The fact that a firearm is not listed in appendix A shall not be construed to mean that paragraph (1) applies to such firearm. No firearm exempted by this subsection may be deleted from appendix A so long as this subsection is in effect.

So... all the firearms listed in Appendix A are legal unless otherwise modified or deemed to be illegal by the definition.

Here are the weapons that are specefied as illegal - and a definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon":

'(30) The term 'semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

'(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--

'(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

'(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

'(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

'(iv) Colt AR-15;

'(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

'(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

'(vii) Steyr AUG;

'(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

'(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

'(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

'(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

'(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

'(iii) a bayonet mount;

'(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

'(v) a grenade launcher;

'(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

'(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

'(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

'(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

'(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

'(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

'(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

'(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

'(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

'(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

'(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

We definitely need to have this put down NOW. Even though it is not at bad as it seems on its face - it is a BAD STEP on a rough road we have already been down.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

One thing about it is with Bush he will Veto it and it will not be overwritten. However - just as well sent some emails to your congressmen.

It also says:

"* The Mexican government is currently engaged in a violent war against heavily armed, extremely violent drug traffickers. Just recently the cartels assassinated the Mexican equivalent of our FBI Director. They are now threatening President Calderon's life.

* These gangs operate in every major metropolitan area in the United States, and are increasingly active in suburban America where the local police are ill-equipped to meet this threat."

I have an idea! Instead of putting more restrictions on the law abiding CITIZENS, let's stop the flow of ILLEGALS at the border. I think that would be neat!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-08 AT 11:55PM (MST)[p]>Just more reason to buy a
>few more lowers befor Nov.
>

Here, here...

This is why I bought my wife an AR for our anniversary...God I love that woman!

I'll be ordering three more DTI lowers at $95 each...

DC

Yeah, it sucks eggs. I posted about it, but I guess it got nuked, not sure why? Anyway, google up the House committee on the Judiciary and see if any of your legislators are on it, since that is where this bill is right now.

HB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom