Attention videographers and cameramen

Clinton signed the law into effect early 2000. The bill was H.R. 154, it is designed primarily for the movie & film industry but includes any commercial videography or photography. The rates are quite high in some areas, charging daily rates based on film crew size, some areas even require environmental impact studies before issuing permits. The law needs to be re-written in my opinion. There's no way a single run-n-gun cameraman can afford some of these rates.

Sounds like another ploy to take away the things we love. They just want us all to roll over and play dead, and stay out of the mountains! Like the quote says, "I'll give up my guns when they pry my cold dead fingers from around them". There are only a special few who get their vidoes published anyway, and they are the ones who can afford to purchase their permits for mega bucks anyway!!
a*r
A bad day hunting is better than a Good Day at Work!!

I believe there's a good chance this law could be ammended to exclude the filming of legal "leisure" activities such as hunting and fishing. This law was written to cash in on big hollywood productions and commercials which until this law, were able to film at no cost. As it's written it includes the one camera hobbyist or independent guy who hopes to one day be able to use his footage. If enough of us push our congressmen we could get it changed. That's what they are their for.

Ya can't expect somthing for nothing! Just like outfitters, filmers need a permitt to "make" money off public lands. You can film to your hearts content if you don't plan on selling it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom