ATTN. back country fanatics

SneakAttack

Very Active Member
Iodine drops seems to be the most light weight and ?pack-able? way to purify drinking water. But I have been told that extended use can cause health problems. What works the best and is the safest; drops, tablets, pumps or filters? Nobody likes a bad gut. So if Iodine can give you just that, I want to know a better way.

I carry a small water filter (looks like a sqeeze water bottle) and my water bladder that's 100 oz. About every 2 days I have to refill the bladder and squeezing the filtered water out is a pain and takes about 1/2 hour to do but I don't have to worry about the iodine or any critters in the water. The small filtration pumps work really well also but cost much more and are very lightweight for packing.

tc

A good water filter is worth the weight. I currently own a PUR which has been bought out by Katadyn (I think). It is a really good filter. I have also had a First Need filter and it was terrible.

I have had a bad case of Giardiasis and believe me you do not want it.

BeanMan

Rocky Mt Quick Step or holes in or stomach lining, I'm pretty sure I don't want either one when I'm sneakin? in on a big ole Muley!

I saw a electric filter from MSR, it's about the size of a Mini Mag but $130. Thanks for the suggestions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom