ATTN: SW Des and Eastern Nevada hunters!

theox

Very Active Member
There is a $13,000 reward (the amount continues to grow as more ranchers are being victimized) being offered by Ranchers for information that leads to the arrest of the individuals responsible for cattle rustling in the areas of the SW Desert unit from Milford to Modena and across the Nevada border to the DelMue Ranch. These individuals have cut fences, vandalized property, and stolen cattle. Our Ranch has had over $20,000 in cattle alone stolen. As well as us there are at least 5 other ranchers victimized by these criminals.
Any suspicious behavior should be reported to the Iron County, or the Beaver County Sheriffs offices. Anything suspicious from last summer til current day should be reported.
Thank you!

Sounds like a good coyote/bounty hunting trip.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

All sale barns are required to have brand inspection right, New brands are always questioned,If you can find where you think the cows are being sold or traded, it could help track the SOB's down. Try working it from that angle it could help.

Quads and a few sections of corral fence can fill up a horse trailer in a hurry.
With calving season starting it only going to get worse.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

More than likely these animals are never making it to market,
there are more and more people like myself that butcher and in some cases i know of cattle being butchered and consumed by pot growers and harvesters i seen the animal carcases not far from the grows and hides

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Shummy we have been searching for the cattle for about a months we figured they just got left up in our summer range or were just spread out. ranging on 100,000 acres is sometimes hard to locate all the animals. we finally felt like we thouroughly covered the areas they could be. we started talking to nieghbors and they were having similar problems. we are unsure of exactly how long they have been gone we figure since the fall around huntting season as we rember seeing certain bulls that are now missing. etc.
shummy with the calving season coming up i would think there we will be more going on. its easy to steal calves that have not been branded yet. etc... so keep an eye out an maybe you can capitalize on the reward. thanks

To the question about rebranding etc. there is alot of ways to dodge it. we could be having people coming out stealing them driving them to a slaughterhouse in nevada or something selling them under the table and voila no trace. there are many possibilities that could allow someone to get away with it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-12 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Hamblin side mainly?
Flag me down if you see me out there. I drive a big maroon gmc with an aluminum dog box in the back, or a blue ZR2 S-10. Both say Pointing S Gundogs on the back window.

shummy no its happening everywhere out there. We range from zane up the pinevalley road to the beaver county line.west of Bible springs to 4-mile

theox, what should we be looking for, odd load em in the dark type stuff of do you want us to look for ear tagged cattle if so give us some tag numbers to look for color and # ive seen alott of heffers w calves at there sides with zero markings, especially on those new railed areas whats your brands, were out there almost every weekend killin dogs from iron springs to the beaver county line

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Might touch bases with Jack at Hamblin Valley fire dept. He was living out there full time last I checked.Hope you catch them.

longshooter. just aything out of the ordinary. i highly doubt those cattle are anywhere near anymore so numbers and tag colors wont make much difference. so yes load em in the dark type stuff i suppose. just more or less trying to get the word out for people to be on the lookout for suspicious stuff. someone out there has had to have seen something, or may see something so just wanted to make people aware this is going on and that there is a nice reward involved.

Yep keep getting the word out and some-one girlfriend will give them up or one of the crooks will feel he got shorted on the money end or got drunk and was telling some-one about some fast ways to make money. I would post some metal signs(weld shop with a Plamsa cutter can make them up) on the main road in and out it will reach alot more people a few sheet of 4x8x 1/8"flat will do the trick I would then paint them red so everyone will see and read them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Yep keep getting the word out
>and some-one girlfriend will give
>them up or one of
>the crooks will feel he
>got shorted on the money
>end or got drunk and
>was telling some-one about some
>fast ways to make money.
>I would post some metal
>signs(weld shop with a Plamsa
>cutter can make them up)
>on the main road in
>and out it will reach
>alot more people a few
>sheet of 4x8x 1/8"flat will
>do the trick I would
>then paint them red so
>everyone will see and read
>them.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

actually been thinkin of making some signs. hopin someone spills the beans!!
thanks guys!

Hey ox, I have been in contact with a few of the Cattle men that run up there and none of them have heard anything about lost or stolen cattle! I'm not trying to call you a story teller or discredit you at all!!! Just looking for more info on who, when, and where!?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-12 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]yeah it a good thing your not calling me out cause its legit. why would i fabricate that?? that would be retarded as hel1 and completely stupid. next time instead of trying to make me look like an as5 just pm me

pm sent

Hey ox 300wbys intentions are good we are just askin alott of questions out there to those who know a thing or to about cattle and those who dont also 300wby and his old man lease a huge piece of property out there owned by an old timer who has lived out there his whole life and knows that country like nobody and he hadnt heard anything til now is all

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Good luck. Hope ya catch em and string them up. Had some rustling going on up this way too. Only sign of it was 700 pound steer gut piles laying on 12-12 blue tarps. Hardest kind to catch
Would trail cams on the roads out there in the desert country work? Probably not a lot of traffic and you would recognize most of the vehicles. At least somewhere to start?

Dang, that has to be a bigger operation.

I'm thinking catch them when they are on the highway moving them?

Wouldn't they have to move them in a semi or large stock trailers with such a coordinated outfit?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-12 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]no trail cams would not work there is way too much country(we range on about 100,000 acres) and way too many people that go out there. shed hunters, hunters, recreation, red cliffs troubled kids group, pine nut pickers, booze crusiers , firewood cutters, etc..

It would not be to hard to go get 5 head here and 5 head there will a smaller stock trailer. or cut a fence and herd them into a diff areas... etc. we dont know when exactly it happened as the cattle are spread out throught the summer and we dont count them until we bring them down because there is no way to count them. i remember seeing one of the missing bulls back in the fall during the hunts so i am thinking most of it went down around then or possibly over a 6 month period even.

just some update on this case. I dont currently know the exact of amount at the moment but the reward has now been raise to somewhere around $20,000 +/-

I dont know the exact location i believe lincoln county nevada or somewhere in that vicinity, but 300 head of sheep were stolen from a cedar city rancher.

Ill keep posting as i find out more info

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom