ATV transporting while towing camper

12gauge

Hey Guys,

I am considering purchasing an ATV. I was curious how you guys transport them while towing a bumper pull camper? I want to stay away from the piggyback method of truck/camper/trailer w/ATV. Towing ATV with a second vehicle is not an option.

My truck has a 6 1/2 foot bed and was considering this sled deck:
1924post61221236841892.jpg

What do you think? Are they worth the money?

Thanks!

A

I have purchased a 4-wheeler that fits in the back of the truck. It is no a huge one, but it will do a lot that the others will do. I love being able to throw it in the back of the truck and off we go with the camper. I have been able to go everywhere and do everything else that my buddies can do with there 700. Just my 2 cents.

>I have purchased a 4-wheeler that
>fits in the back of
>the truck. It is no
>a huge one, but it
>will do a lot that
>the others will do. I
>love being able to throw
>it in the back of
>the truck and off we
>go with the camper. I
>have been able to go
>everywhere and do everything else
>that my buddies can do
>with there 700. Just my
>2 cents.

What he said! I bought a Grizzly 350 for this same reason, no regrets!

thanks for the replies guys.
the type of ATV i was considering was a 500/2-seater (93" long)
to plow snow and a second seat for the misses.
not losing bed space with one of these racks is attractive as you can keep firewood/propane/water/gear etc in the bed.

I believe it is illegal and crazy to try and pull 2 bumper pulls at the same time. I think NM law states it must be a 5th wheel then a boat or small trailer behind it. And it can only be a certain length. Just throw that 4 wheeler in your truck. I have a Short bed dodge that I load a Grizzly 660 with the tailgate down or removed. If you have 7 gallon propane bottles they may hit your tailgate on wide turns. Its much easier to remove my tailgate then the bottles.

A )... I'm with the guys that say get one that fits in the bed of your truck...drop the tailgate put up the ramps, drive it in....you can drive with the tailgate down....that setup is a no brainier...if you want something as big as you are describing.... You have two safer choices.....take a second vehicle and put your bigger rig in a trailer.....or go purchase a toyhauler trailer and drive that big bad boy inside and strap it down...?

))))------->

I put my quad in the bed of my truck. I pull a pop up trailer which is very light. The bad thing is that any coolers I want to bring have to go in the back seat of the truck which limits how many people can be with me. If I'm on a solo hunt or with 1 other person, it is fine. But, I can't take the kids up to the lake with the quad pulling the trailer. I looked into an ATV truckbed rack so I can utilize the bed for storage. I haven't bought one yet and will have to wait and see if I will. I also thought about buying a pop up trailer that has a deck for the quad on the front.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom