ATV's Beware

K

ktc

This from KUTV News. It is about time! ATV's and their users are an embarrassment according to Huntsman. I agree. I know, it is always the other guy, but here is the warning;

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Gov. Jon Huntsman says state officials will begin cracking down on off-road vehicles that stray from trails.

Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune's editorial board Wednesday that the vehicles are destroying the state's natural beauty and said it was an embarrassment.

Huntsman says the Department of Natural Resources is going to increase enforcement on state land and begin a public awareness campaign.

Michael Swenson, executive director of the Utah Shared Access Alliance, says off-roaders should obey the law, but says some rules are unreasonable.

I agree somewhat

if they stay on the open trails they are great. if the go off the trails and break the law they are an embarassment.

RE: I agree somewhat

As of yesterday ATV'S can now be street legal in the state of utah.....however they need to be modifed to meet street applications.They can be legalized in towns with 7500 people or less.Thats great!

>As of yesterday ATV'S can now
>be street legal in the
>state of utah.....however they need
>to be modifed to meet
>street applications.They can be legalized
>in towns with 7500 people
>or less.Thats great!

I don't think anybody is worried about people driving them on paved roads.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-08 AT 06:28PM (MST)[p]In fact car vs. 4 wheeler is a much better accident to look at!
and you get a mountain style tune up with every wreck!

So go ahead and show your brilliance off in town!

Just keep them on the designated trails, seems pretty simple to me.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Hell, just keep the 4 wheelers from going around the seasonal closure gates and I'll be happy. Couldn't believe how many we saw going around the gates on the muzz hunt. Course, there was a Tahoe and a Suburban that did the same, so it's just not the 4 wheelers.

JUST AS I'VE SAID FOR YEARS!!!

WHEN IT'S TOO FRICKEN LATE THEY'LL TRY & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

WAFJ!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

A heard a guy in my area just went to the hospital for someone who did some trail sabotage. That isn't right by any means but people are getting really sick of hearing 4 stroke engines in the woods, especially if they are somewhere they aren't supposed to be.

I was just out hiking a "No Motorized Vehicles" trail. There were ATV on it. When got near the top there was a motorcyclist up there. Instead of going down by us he blazed a new trail! I say get them all the F-OUT!

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

I AGREE!!!

BAN EVERY F'N ONE OF THEM!!!

PERMANATELY!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I don't agree...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-08 AT 01:21AM (MST)[p]If you wanted to solve 90% of the ATV problem... JUST BAN HUNTING! I hunt and I ride and if I had to make a choice between hunting and riding, I'll take riding. I work/donate a lot of hours on trails and everything is pretty much ok during all of the year except hunting season. We had a trail that we had worked on all summer and all of the recreational riders that used the trail all summer long stayed on the trail. Then comes the bow hunt. We had a show-me tour lined up with the USFS to show off the work and after one week of archery season we had all sorts of off trail travel.

And to clarify the statement by Mike Swenson (USA-ALL)... the organization promotes on trail use and obeying the law. What they don't agree with is things like the closing of Factory Butte. A place that is just DIRT. A place thats is perfect for riders, closed just to please SUWA. And if you think SUWA is a hunters friend you had better review their policy on predators, guzzlers or any man-made thing that might help wildlife.

And the final thing that bugs the H@ll out of me about hunters and hunting organizations (SFW and Mule Deer Foundation) is that they are out their screaming about OHV's yet they raffle or auction one at every dinner they have. What hypocrites. We will use OHVs to line our pockets, but we won't go to bat for you on legitimate riding areas. Go figure.

RE: I don't agree...

WELL JACK!!!

SHOW ME SOME ENFORCEMENT!!!

THE USFS CAN'T EVEN SCRATCH THE PROBLEM!!!

THEY MAKE ALL THESE LAWS BUT WON'T/DON'T/CAN'T ENFORCE THEM!!!

THERE ARE LITTERALLY 10'S OF THOUSANDS OF ILEGAL ATV'ERS,SHOW ME HOW MANY CITATIONS ARE WROTE EACH YEAR???

BAN THE BASTARDS OFF THE FOREST!!!

AS ALWAYS!!!

A FEW GREEDY BASTARDS DESTROY IT FOR EVERYBODYELSE!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED A STEADY DOWNHILL IN THE QUALITY OF YOUR HUNTING PLEASE PM ME WHERE YOU'RE HUNTING,I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THAT SPOT IS IN TARDVILLE???

I STILL SAY TUNING DOES WAY MORE GOOD!!!

AS I'VE ALWAYS SAID:::

KEEP EM LEGAL & YOU'LL NEVER ONCE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A BACK-WOODS TUNE-UP!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

OH!!!

AND MY FRIEND ktc!!!

THANKS FOR STIRRING THE ISSUE JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!

((( }> }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Glad to do it.;-)

All I ever hear is riding on legal trails, but somehow, everything gets torn to chit and roads have been pushed everywhere.

It is an embarrassment that USFS and ATV users cannot come to a solution. It is always the other guy. I will agree on one point, you can stop the use by stopping hunting OR you can ban their use altogether. I prefer the latter since no one can get it right.

Just UTAH, how about the west in general. Been to SE Idaho lately? That's embarrasing! All those damn trails that atv's made that go all over the mountains. I get so sick and tired of them screaming down the paved roads and mountains that my blood pressure goes through the roof everytime I hear one. Its out of control and no one in LE will stand up and stroke these bastards that break the law. Hell, I had a Deputy tell me one time that he "PERSONALLY DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.." WTF!!! Who gives a rats ass if he has a problem with it or not. They are breaking the law, so do your damn job and enforce it!!!
By the way the Deputy works for Bannock County. Shocking! NOT!
Hell, Deputize me just to write citations to atver's and I'll get some results. Thats all, just ATV's breaking the law and I'll make some serious 'Dough' for the county just by ATV citations alone. IF THEY WOULD JUST DO THEIR JOBS THIS CRAP WOULD STOP!!!! Who wants to spend all their money on tickets? STROKE THE BASTARDS!!!
Now look, got me all fired up. }> }> }> }> }> ;-)

those who ride on trails have nothing to worry about.. in fact in all my years hunting southern Utah... i've never seen the Atvs off the roads or trails... except maybe to park

it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they stopped making them and bought all of them back and destroyed them.
drive round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round.
makes me dizzy, ruined my hunting spot that i've been hunting longer then they have been round and round and round
4 WHEELERS are the end of good hunting spots not because the riders kill anything they just harrass the game out of there.
they could make a retrival only law the four wheeler could be started just to retrive game......

On the southern MZ hunt, I had two guys blazing their own trail with a Rino to get their 3x4 buck. This was in an area that I have hunted for more than five years. It was a major holding area for big bucks and the main reason is because it was roadless.

Now some lazy hunters came across a great area and are ruining it because they think they are above the law.

I tried to get the guys truck license # but couldn't find it.

I'm disgusted! Don't hunt roadless areas unless your willing to pack the animal out!

We need to start policing ourselves with ATVs or it's going to ruin what little quality we have left in the west.

dump all high powered rifles! dump all scopes and laser range finders.. dump all in lines... dump all compound bows... no one is allowed to drive off of PAVEMENT.... yea! yeah

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-08 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]I use my RZR all the time to hunt. Load the dogs up in their kennels on the back and off we go after the birds. Keeps the wear and tear off the truck. Unimproved roads or legal trails only for us.

What happened to having to put the numbers on your wheeler so that others could pull it and call you in if your f#@king up? As said..if your playing by the rules..no problem...if not..be accountable and ready to pay the price.

It's the lack of ability to enforce the rules thats the problem. Start taking guys wheelers away and see what happens...

If you cannot drive a jeep on the road then it is illegal. Simple enough. A great tool as gdog points out, but their use has gone way beyond the intentions.

KTC....I would love to have some ponies instead of the wheeler..but they wouldn't fit in the yard...and I'd have to feed the damn thing 365...

One day I'll have one or two..

in my hunting spot they are not breaking the law they are driving on legal roads. round and round all day. it is 1 section no place they could not walk. i do not drive into it after the 4th of July.
before everyone discovered this area it was a buck pasture and held 7 nice bucks and several smaller bucks and does every year. this year it held 2 two points and a doe.
it was not only hunters but just riders that found this looped two track road now it needs a traffic signal at the junction. it went from a road you could barely see in the grass to 1/2" of dust on the road. it actually has so much dust and traffic you can see the dust on the sagebrush for 50 yrds down wind.
my two biggest archery bucks and a lot of our elk came from this spot. now people are driving 300 yrds from the deers bedding ground and 100 yrds from the elks.
this time of year you use to have a hard time walking on the road because it was over grown with grass.
get off and walk is my motto when it comes to hunting and back country exploring you will see a lot more then the back of someone else's four wheeler

The problem with wheelers is that as soon as one ahole goes up the hill, someone else sees his tracks, and now in his mind its a "road" and so he follows and pretty soon it is a road. Then when we try to close it down everyone gets pissed and accusations of limiting acces and closing "our" roads down start flying around. You dont know how close I have come to throwing 5 lbs. of roofing nails out. But I dont because I dont want to lame someones horse. If I knew I would be popping tires of those riding illegally there would be nails on a hell of a lot of trails.

Atvs + hunters = lazy & gay! Get off your sorry ass and hunt!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

I think if Utah and other states treated 4 wheelers like idaho the whole hunters breaking the rule issue would be a lot less, use your atv out of bounds for hunting, scouting or retrevial loose your hunting privaliges for a few years not just a fine.

And the whole only hunters breaking the rules thing is BS. Good ethical hunters obay the rules just like good ethical atv riders, the problem is there is alot of bad in both.

on another note I am so sick and tired of running my truck off the improved roads and scrathing the Sh** out of it to avoid hitting ATV riders driving side by side and way to fast in the opposite direction on dirt roads. Those driving vehicles on the dirt roads around the strawberry area know what i am talking about.

I SEEN THEM JACK-ASSES RIDING 4 ABREAST IN THE BOOKCILLFS!!!

2 SETS OF 2 SIDE BY SIDE!!!

CAN'T IMAGINE THE WHEELERES IN THE BACK INHALING THAT MUCH DUST ALL DAMN DAY!!!

WE'VE GOT SOME REAL TARDS IN THIS STATE!!!

ktc IS CALM & LEVEL HEADED BUT EVEN HE IS ABOUT TO TUNE!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom