Audad Hunting- Have You Ever?

T264

I am curious to find out how many if any of you have ever hunted audad in west Texas. What was it like, how much could you expect to pay and who did you hunt with? I'm thinking of booking a hunt soon and wanted or needed some advice.
Thanks,
T264

Aoudad..

i hunt them free range here in southeast in NM and i bagged beautiful 35" sheep! very tough..i have killed 4 sheep, i don't know about west texas..but have heard some stories...good luck find the outfitter or someone who know where...

T264,

email me at [email protected] and I will forward some info to you. A close personal friend of mine has, without a shadow of a doubt, the best area in west TX to hunt Aoudad. He kills some of the best in the state year in and year out. I will post pics later.

Drummond

fbab502e.jpg

Here is one that I guided on a few years back. He was the #5 at the time. This ram was 14 years old and it was a tough hunt! The rams that my friend produces will be close to this but not quite this big. The rugged country in west TX where there are free-ranging aoudad lives is tough to hunt. If properly managed you can find this age class ram but it is hard to find the areas that have not been hammered.

Drummond

fba1c685.jpg

Here is another that is actually a shade better, we killed him 7 or 8 years ago.

Drummond

Thanks for the replies and great auodad Vinihunt.
I am looking to book a hunt for next year sometime and appreciate your information. I will e:mail you Huntsonora and SJ.

I think they make great shoulder mounts and also the more rugged the hunt the better.
Thanks,
T264

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom