Avintaquin unit, UT(antlerless elk)?

backpacker

I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever hunted this area before. Went out last weekend and only saw 2 elk (both bulls), but not a single cow- I hunted the Timber Canyon area off road 149 and was just wondering if elk move in to or out of the unit from other areas. I'm planning on giving it another shot Thanksgiving weekend and wondering if more snow would make a difference or not. Thanks for any advice.

There's elk there year round. The snow will get them movin around more but they don't migrate to much. My inlaws have the property right under the currant creek gas station and there's been elk in there a couple times already. I've only hunted the northern end of the unit. Not a lot of info but I hope it helps

Follow Avintaquin creek all the way up til you get onto the forest ground and hunt horse ridge you should find a cow there take the first turn to the south at the camelot resort and follow it all the way up

i had the anterless muzzy tag, only able to hunt two days, but found plenty of cows. pm me if you need help, i have hunted up there my whole life.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom