Az hunting license. issue with new annual lic verses old calendar lic

B

Bigdeer

Now that hunt licenses are good for 365 days from date of purchase instead of calendar yr, in some cases hunters are being forced to buy multiple licenses for the same calendar year in order to apply/hunt for spring and fall big game hunts .. Seems like making the change from calendar lic to 365 day lic was done without thinking it through or perhaps it was to generate more lice fees????

I will wind up having to buy 3 hunting licenses with in a 12 month period..

When applying for a big game hunt the hunting license used in the application must be valid through the entire time of the hunt that is being applied for.

I purchased a hunt lic on jan 15 , 2014 in order to apply for the nov 2014 elk hunt.
That license will expire in jan 14, 2015.

In order for me to apply for the 2015 February javelina hunts which the application period closes here oct 14 I need to purchase a new lic to use in my application so lic covers the next 365 so that it is valid at the time of the February hunt.
If I buy that lic now in order to apply before the spring draw deadline that liic will expire next sept.

So that means in jan when it's time to apply for next nov 2015 elk hunt I will need to buy another license for the next 365 so the lic used in the draw will be valid at the time of the actual hunt date .

Just seems like this way depending of the hunts some peeps will be buying 2 licenses per yr ...

With the old calendar yr lic version I would buy my hunting lic in sept for the upcoming yr to apply for spring hunts. That same lic would then also be used for to apply early fall and late fall deer and elk hunts for that following yr as well.

Any body else thought having a similar issue

Here is what the AZGFD website says: "Applicants are reminded that a valid Arizona hunting license or combination hunting/fishing license is required to enter the spring draw (i.e., you must possess a license that is valid on the last day of the application deadline for the draw). Licenses are now valid for one year from when you purchase them."

According to that, a license you bought within a year of the application deadline should be good for application but you would have to buy another to go hunting if it expires before the hunt date.

Hmm,, I must have read it wrong when i looking at the website myself yesterday.
I assumed that the license applied with should match the license # at the time of hunt.

I just purchased Javelina bonus points with my license from January. My license # was automaticaly put on the application, once I entered my hunter ID online.

BC

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom