az javelina unit 37b

S

silverado

need some help on above unit as have not been around for a few years...scouted several times already and everywhere i go its like a motorcross rally...anybody been to this unit or visited it lately?

I have been there lately. Took some video of a few decent mule deer bucks out there in January. I used to hunt javelina near the Gila west of Kearny, but none so far this year. No time to hunt them this year.

i here you...haven't had much time to scout either...thanks for the info though.

I hunted archery there last month for pigs. Hunted about 5 days altogether, and saw one pig. I hunted the Unit last year, and the sign was much different this year. I think, because everything is so green, the javs are just wandering around "grazing", instead of being clustered in feeding areas. I hit several areas on the 96 Ranch Rd that held sign....

MJM

www.parchedmuskrat.com

I've hunted the 37b Jan arch season for five years now. I've gone three for five with this year being the hardest by far to get on the pigs. I have to agree with Muskrat, they are not showing much sign in areas with all the standard issue pig food. The pigs we did see this season were on the western end of the unit in the flats. Normally I have great luck along the Gila. There are a ton of pigs in this unit and usually they are pretty easy to find, you may just have to look a little harder this year.

Thanks tinman - this is my second year, and I'm 0 for 2. I don't feel so bad now. I thought I had a handle on things since last year, but this year it was a whole different ballgame...

;-)

www.parchedmuskrat.com

thanks for the help fellas...it looks like i got my work cut out...nothing new though...i'll let you know how it goes...my ham hunt is next week.

Took a pig there this year during bow season. Drove down Tiger Mine road from Oracle Hwy (about 3 miles from the ranch house). I was chasing a nice mule deer, and got lucky and busted a herd. They ran down the wash, which eventually connects, to the ranch house. Hunted two ? days.

Hope this helps

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom