AZ Redneck Coyote Fowling Piece

E

edhunter

Well guys, the hounds are chain spoiled and the rig box is rusty. First we had now tracking snow and then we get 18". Either way I'm screwed for hunting. Good thing I've been chasin coyotes all winter. I've put together a gun I think will be super for doggin', enjoy.
ar_parts.jpg

It started out like this,

ar_finished.jpg

And ended up like this. The trigger sucked but some time polishing the sear helped out a bunch and Tuesday I'll have a match trigger in the mail. I bought 1,000 rounds but it is so fun to pull the trigger, 1,000 isn't enough. Funny thing, I haven't bought the normal 2-3 hounds this year. Had plenty of money for guns, maybe Catmando is onto something.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Nice Gun! I got out in the Mesquite/Greasewood flats the other day and managed to call in 2 that I saw. They both left unscathed, maybe if I had more shots or a bigger gun I could have scared one to death, probably not though...
Bret M.

SHHHHHHH!! Be quiet Ed. I still need friends with dogs so I can get a bear. If you let my secret to financial success out all of my local friends would sell everything and my "tagging" along days would be over.

On the flip side, that is a nice varmint rifle. how much did it run to put that fowling piece together???

Keep pounding those flea dogs Ed, and start roading your hounds for the La Sal mania. TTYL, Catmando.

Mr. Ed,
Just out of curiousity, tell us a little more about the gun. I would like to know the specifics of your barrel and the lower receiver. I don't see a bolt carrier or bolt in the picture. Did you find a good chrome bolt? That is a dandy. Looks like you have done an excellent job of assembling quality components. If we promise not to tell your wife, could you give us an idea how much you havre spent on your project????

Keep the dogs happy and well adjusted. One never knows when one will need them again.....KattScatt

The cost was 1/3 of what a rig dog costs. That said, here is a breakdown:

Eagle Arms striped lower- $120

Model 1 A2 kit - $540

3 magazines- $50

1,000 rounds of cartridges- $200

E-bay scope rings- $15

Leupold scope I already had- $200 5 years ago

Optomitrist to pull the detent pin out of my eye- $75

The gun is an A2 model with a stainless steel, fluted 20" barrel. The front handguard is freefloated with a sling/bipod mount on the handguard. The trigger is a standard military turd sucker. I ordered a match trigger for $90 that should be here on Tuesday. I really think this thing will go under MOA with a new trigger and factory ammo. That would give me a woody big time.

I didn't get the chrome bolt. It has a standard bolt and carrier. The upgrade would have been another $100. What does a chrome bolt give me? I just didn't know so I went cheap on that. I'll shoot the bad boy tonight and see what it will print with the trigger job I did on it before I install the match trigger.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom