AZ State Wide Muley $725,000

The guy that bought that ought to be ashamed of himself. I’d help people with that money. (Addicts kids with cancer etc.) Not give it to the fish and game so they can **** things up more than they already have. Wow. Just my opinion so go ahead and rip me a new one I can take it.

I hope the powers to be that manage all these dollars put a bunch of them into building fences along our hiways to slow down the mass slaughter of our wildlife
This is a HUGE need across the West! Just yesterday we had two does hit in one hour on US-20 in Burns, Oregon and about 20 deer so far just in this little stretch. Both does looked PG so that's 6 deer IMO. I had an (ODOT) supervisor call me to see if more could be done other then a few "Slow Down" signs. He said it's a huge problem and that in Juntura a winter range stretch in a huge canyon between Burns and Ontario about 10 deer a day are getting hit right now. The need for fencing and wildlife crossing is critical at this point. The Deer are on life support unfortunately ?

“I like it, Cowboy…. I Like it. I Like it”
The real unsung hero of the weekend is auctioneer John Bair, that guys mouth moves quicker than a Northern Utah county single mom on her second Tinder date. And let’s not forget about the behind the scenes spotters/flaggers holding it down at the banquet I’m hoping a couple of those boys luck on a good expo tag.

“I like it, Cowboy…. I Like it. I Like it”
The real unsung hero of the weekend is auctioneer John Bair, that guys mouth moves quicker than a Northern Utah county single mom on her second Tinder date. And let’s not forget about the behind the scenes spotters/flaggers holding it down at the banquet I’m hoping a couple of those boys luck on a good expo tag.
Thank you, I worked four of auctions as a spotter, it gets pretty intense!

Thank you, I worked four of auctions as a spotter, it gets pretty intense!
Wow 4, Better keep the pre workout at the ready to stay up with it all. Its also nice to see some of your yote slaying, Bearded wonder cohort spotters get gussied up a little and leave the Foxpro in the hotel room and the call lanyard on the rear view of their Toyotas for once.

The guy that bought that ought to be ashamed of himself. I’d help people with that money. (Addicts kids with cancer etc.) Not give it to the fish and game so they can **** things up more than they already have. Wow. Just my opinion so go ahead and rip me a new one I can take it.
Who’s to say he doesn’t? Let’s hear of all your contributions to kids with cancer etc. don’t be shy!

Wow 4, Better keep the pre workout at the ready to stay up with it all. Its also nice to see some of your yote slaying, Bearded wonder cohort spotters get gussied up a little and leave the Foxpro in the hotel room and the call lanyard on the rear view of their Toyotas for once.
They had us all wearing matching black Vortex shirts topped with kings camo X7 vests.
I swore I'd never wear camo at the Expo, but we were forced!?

They had us all wearing matching black Vortex shirts topped with kings camo X7 vests.
I swore I'd never wear camo at the Expo, but we were forced!?
Lol, that’s probably better than having to witness big T. Awesome Austin have to weasle into a Monster Camo smedium active hunting jersey or some other get up. Looked like you boys had a helluva time I’m sure you boys are ready for it to wind down.

That’s very true. A lot of these rich guys probably donate more money than everyone posting in this thread combined.
Judging by the amount of negative support for Conservation on this site, your comment is undoubtedly 100% spot on.

I don't donate to anyone/thing except game and fish departments, the US Treasury, up to $500 to the Salvation Army, and my kids. I don't mind admitting it. If I was rich, I would give to Make-A-Wish as I know that every dollar I donate goes towards that kids wish. There's not a better charity.

Talk is cheap. It would be fun to see who donates more to “worthy” causes, those who think the rich guy should be ashamed of himself or the rich guy. My money is on the rich guy! :ROFLMAO:
Irony is, everyone wants to point fingers at dwindling numbers and what conservation hasn't done in their eyes, versus what things would look like without it's millions of dollars and manpower assisting the DNR.
The BLM and Forest Service wouldn't have just signed a 5 year deal worth $65 million dollars for the MDF if it wasn't working ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Irony is, everyone wants to point fingers at dwindling numbers and what conservation hasn't done in their eyes, versus what things would look like without it's millions of dollars and manpower assisting the DNR.
The BLM and Forest Service wouldn't have just signed a 5 year deal worth $65 million dollars for the MDF if it wasn't working ?‍♂️
I’ve argued that point myself many times. Clearly we’ve not made huge strides against a dwindling deer herd, but you’re right, we don’t know where we’d be if not for the efforts that have been made. Nobody knows. We could quite easily have far fewer big game animal’s available to hunt.

Projects like these are not happening without additional dollars and volunteered manpower through Conservation groups.
Screenshot_20230226_155106_Gmail.jpg

I’ve argued that point myself many times. Clearly we’ve not made huge strides against a dwindling deer herd, but you’re right, we don’t know where we’d be if not for the efforts that have been made. Nobody knows. We could quite easily have far fewer big game animal’s available to hunt.
It's fair to say that a lot of the habitat projects will take years to see there full potential, especially the big brush hog projects that remove thousands of acres of pinyon and juniper trees. They help the elk right away due to the increased grass available, but it can take many years for the brush that the deer need to take root and grow in.

Yeah cuz the govt has never mismanaged funds before ?. Should of sent that money to Ukraine ??

It tell us It’s working while the population keeps going down slammy!

Projects like these are not happening without additional dollars and volunteered manpower through Conservation groups.View attachment 104194
Think of how many deer they stressed while doing that project. Was it worth it?

And to be fair why don’t you list who started the initiative to get this done? Or the groups that did most the heavy lifting. It wasn’t your MDF. They played a small part. A few guys showing up to take selfies and pics to get fools to donate money at banquets. That’s what the MDF contributed.

Troy is one of the better biologists around and glad he’s spearheaded that project. His roots run deep up there, he’s always been a good egg along with his family. For you slammy to try to use his project to justify your MDF is pathetic at best. Almost as bad as the MFF trying to put their name on the Mule Deer Initiative project.

Last edited:
It's fair to say that a lot of the habitat projects will take years to see there full potential, especially the big brush hog projects that remove thousands of acres of pinyon and juniper trees. They help the elk right away due to the increased grass available, but it can take many years for the brush that the deer need to take root and grow in.
Absolutely yes ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom