b&c rattle snake

longshooter338

7700iphone_pics_236.jpg

3117iphone_pics_237.jpg

This is just one of many reasons i carry a handgun on the bow hunt 45 first 2 are snake shott , meanest rattler ive ever seen in my life and i have killed alott of them. innitially i wanted to catch him and drowned him because of his size,but it wasnt happening! 48" ON THE DOT.

[email protected]
[email protected]

'IT AINT EASY BEING ME'

Also, as an FYI, it is illegal to kill rattlesnakes in Utah as they are protected. I'm not saying I agree with that law, but it may be unwise to advertise where said snake was killed.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-11 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]Protected ? Is that for real Shummy ?
That is the longest rattle I have ever seen on a snake.

WoW! Now I really feel like a Wussie. I haven't seen any close to that. Next question are you wearing snake chaps or just hoping to seen or hear them first. That is huge.

Sounds like this one was out of self defence, where did you kill it? I will call the dwr office for you. . . . . maybe they will give me a rattler tag

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I was being completely serious, they are protected in Utah. I spend a lot of time running my dogs in rattlesnake country. It was pertinent to my interests to know the laws concerning them.

Don't plan on killing any rattle snakes. Just very carefully remove that small dangerous part from the rest of it. After that it can crawl off and do what it wants. They say they can bite you for a full day after those two parts are separated. If it quits moving after that, well, lets just say I won't be around to blame.

I'm not a fan of rattlesnakes either and I'm not sure I'd let that dude live either, protected or not! My question here is the legalities of carrying a handgun during an archery only hunt!!

I was under the impression, that if you have a ccw you are allowed to carry while archery hunting.

Yes as long as you have a concealed weapons permit.You can carry ,even if you are with a rifle deer hunter that has a tag in the field and you are helping them you have to have a ccw to carry a gun into the field during the hunt.

Sorry, but B&C rattle snake is an understatement! WOW. never seen anything like that freak of nature!

It says nothing about carrying a pistol!!!!

"If you obtain an archery permit, you may use
only the archery equipment authorized in this
section to take the species listed on the permit
You may not possess or be in control of a rifle,
shotgun or muzzleloader while in the field during

an archery hunt. For the purposes of this section,
?field? means a location where you are likely to
find the species listed on your permit. (You are
not considered to be in the field if you are in an
established camping area or traveling in a fully
enclosed automobile or truck.)
This restriction does not apply to the following
people:
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt upland
game or waterfowl (You must comply
with the regulations in the Upland Game
Guidebook or Waterfowl Guidebook, and
you may possess only those firearms and
archery equipment that are legal for taking
upland game or waterfowl.)
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt big game
species during rifle or muzzleloader hunts
that coincide with the archery hunt
? Livestock owners who are protecting
their livestock"

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]an archery hunt. For the purposes of this section,
?field? means a location where you are likely to
find the species listed on your permit. (You are
not considered to be in the field if you are in an
established camping area or traveling in a fully
enclosed automobile or truck.)
This restriction does not apply to the following
people:
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt upland
game or waterfowl (You must comply
with the regulations in the Upland Game
Guidebook or Waterfowl Guidebook, and
you may possess only those firearms and
archery equipment that are legal for taking
upland game or waterfowl.)
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt big game
species during rifle or muzzleloader hunts
that coincide with the archery hunt
? Livestock owners who are protecting
their livestock
? Individuals who are licensed to carry a
concealed weapon in accordance with
Utah Code ? 53-5-7 (You may not use your
concealed firearm to hunt or take protected
wildlife.
I dont know why you didnt have the last little dot there ?

Ok makes sense, i was just curious.
I have a good friend who purchased his wife a spike elk tag. He was sighted by an officer who walked up to him on the mountain for "posession of a firearm without a proper hunting license".
He had a pistol in his fanny pack.

If he had a ccw he would have been ok. We got hasseled a while back from a fish cop. I guess if there is a hunt going on in the area you cant carry a gun in the area unless you have a licence or a ccw permit. It becomea a game preserve or something like that.

longshooter338.... That's a real nice GREAT BASIN RATTLER you got there, the color pattern is quite striking and would make a great belt!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

You aint lying. I've never seen 18 rattles and a button! thats gotta be some sorta record. ROFL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom