B&C scoring information.

400bull

Very Active Member
I have been reading the book from Mike Eastman "High country mule deer" and it has sparked an interest in learning how to size up an animal. As I have been going through the book I have been trying to first guess the B&C score and then read the pitcure caption to see if the score is listed. Most of the time when I guess the score of the buck I am completly off. Sometimes I will guess high and the rest of the time I will guess low. I can never seem to get thing right. I was wandering of some of you could post some pictures of your bucks that you have taken along with the B&C score (including the measurements) to help fokes like my self to perfect there field judging abilities.

Thanks

P.S. Anysugesstions on how I could master the art of field judging mule deer would be appreceated.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-04 AT 04:50PM (MST)[p]hey 400, a suggestion I have for you if you have not yet done it, is to join Boone and Crockett. They have a quarterly magazine that focuses on specific animals, to include tips to field judging and scoring. I've become much better at field judging as a result of applying some of the tips they print; I also became much better by actually practicing the scoring on various animals my buddies have taken.

Their website is www.boone-crockett.org.

Pred

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom