BACK DOOR IS OPEN!!!

Hey guys... First time poster, LONG LONG time lurker

I think the backdoor IS open for some species.

Try buying private land tags or OTC tags for some species.

I think I think i drew a deer tag B/c when I try to buy a private land deer tag is says it conflicts with what I already have.

Fingers are crossed!

Jon

CONFIRMED!!!!!!

Just had a friend at work log on and try to buy a Private land Oryx tag and it wouldnt let him. It said that he "already has a tag for this species"

Good luck guys
Jon

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13 AT 05:09AM (MST)[p]At what point in the purchasing process did it say that for you? I tried to buy a private land deer tag and it let me get all the way to the point of paying for a private land tag. Also, are you guys residents or non-residents?

Guess this doesn't work with non resident elk because the only elk tags that I can try to buy are land owner but you need a ranch ID to proceed. Guess I have to wait a little longer.

Ya, i tried it with Barb's, Oryx and Ibex and was able to put all of them in my shopping cart.

But like I said, my buddy WAS NOT able to put a Oryx in his shopping cart.

I tried it with deer and was not able to put it in my cart. I tried my girl friends log-on and she was able to get a OTC deer.

This method wont work with Elk, Antelope, Javalina, and Big Horn. Only critters you can get a OTC tag on.

I don't think it's true..... I hope... I tried the method and it went all to the shopping cart.... I only applied for deer,same with my two boys....

If this is true it looks like I am going Ibex hunting but not Oryx. It said I already had a tag for Ibex but let me add oryx to my cart.

Keep the faith guys!

This method only works with Deer, Oryx, Ibex and Barbs. And it Aint confirmed yet.

We still have Jav's, Big Horn, Elk, and Speed Goat to look forward to!

one of my deer hunts i put in for always has left over tags. it still lets me add a deer tag to my cart, but says not to purchase if i was successful in the draw.

That's what I'm seeing too. It seems like historically the backdoor methods don't always work for everyone. Hoping that's the case here!

Saw this post and thought maybe someone was coming out of the closet.
:)

Hey, you can share anything on the NM forum.

>one of my deer hunts i
>put in for always has
>left over tags. it still
>lets me add a deer
>tag to my cart, but
>says not to purchase if
>i was successful in the
>draw.

Same here. Not sure how accurate this is. At least for deer. But who knows.

I love this drama every year. Makes it fun. lol

Good luck!
Travis

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13 AT 10:26AM (MST)[p]the word i'm hearing is later today fellas, hold on to your briches and shut your back door!!!

i'm worse than a kid at Christmas!!!

>Saw this post and thought maybe
>someone was coming out of
>the closet.
>:)
>
>Hey, you can share anything on
>the NM forum.
_________________________-

Paul, I'm worried about you for even having that type of thought... Is there something you're trying to tell us?

LOL!

>>Saw this post and thought maybe
>>someone was coming out of
>>the closet.
>>:)
>>
>>Hey, you can share anything on
>>the NM forum.
>_________________________-
>
>Paul, I'm worried about you for
>even having that type of
>thought... Is there something you're
>trying to tell us?
>
>LOL!
>
>
>
>
>

it's all the smoke in the air down there...

A question for those who are getting the positive on the backdoor. Can you make sure your cart is empty And then get the message about having the tag on your cart already ?

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13
>AT 10:26?AM (MST)

>
>the word i'm hearing is later
>today fellas, hold on to
>your briches and shut your
>back door!!!
>
>i'm worse than a kid at
>Christmas!!!

I hope so....

If this true i'm out oryx and deer. I'm hope it is wrong. There is still some hope for me for elk and antelope Atleast. I hope they start sending out email tonight. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-13 AT 12:49PM (MST)[p]If it is true, it told me I have a oryx tag. It would let me buy a deer tag though. We shall see.

Luckily this ended up not working. I was able to put the private land tag in my cart and still drew my third choice deer!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom