Back from WY Lope trip (Rod)!

Rodzilla_v

Just got back from my first ever WY antelope Hunt, it was bittersweet because my Dad was supposed to go along, I ended Driving 1,400 miles by myself on a quest for a decent goat. It was intimidating doing this alone, but thanks to the MonsterMuley members that helped out in giving guidance in this trip. The guidance and advise was invaluable, since I got sick during my trip and had to cut my hunt to only 2 days and make the most of it.

Had a great time!- WY is beautiful.

Story on the Buck is: I spotted this guy along with many does along the flats far away from where I had seen majority of the lopes that day.. put a stalk on him after they went over a rise, and got to within 80 from him, in a moment of indecision I did not take the shot (did not want to tag out so early), and the does spotted me ..and poof..they ran a half a mile away, I eased my way again to their location (sun in my back.. the wind in my face), and had to wait 30 minutes before the buck got himself in a position where I could take the shot and not get spotted by the does...ranged him at 286 yards, one shot from my 30.06 and he was down on the same spot where he stood! He green scores 76 and change, and had 15' horns, no record- but I am very happy with him!
Next day I got my doe on the way out! Thanks again to the members of MM for their guidance on my first DIY solo trip to WY!
-Rod

4ac7790d5abadd7d.jpg

4ac779495bc41fee.jpg

4ac7796e5cdf7b8c.jpg

4ac779b25df23073.jpg

Nice job - heck of a nice first goat for sure. They are a fun animal to hunt!! I'm headed out Monday AM - also solo this year can't wait to get there.
Thanks for the great post & pics:)

Congrats to you Rod on the great Lope and then also taking a doe later.....fun to hunt for sure.
I leave in a week for my hunts in WY too for Deer & Lope in same unit, looking forward to the trip.

What part of WYO were you hunting in there?? I am headed to Casper area.

Brian

Thanks guys, I had a great time! WY is a beautiful place....

Brian, Good luck on your upcoming hunts, its not the same unit your thinking of, on a previous post my 1st choice was my second, my second was my third, and my true first I left out.

That is a nice buck and a nice doe as well. Good eatings there! What part of the state did you hunt?

Great looking goat man. Congrats to ya!
redelkarcher>>>-------------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom