BACKDOOR II

R

RACKMASTER

The other post was getting to long and with deer up any time..
good luck
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON May-24-10 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]Question,
I'm a non-resident and applied for a first choice deer only. What will my code on the backdoor say if I draw? It says 491 Non-res deer App now.

The Christian

Just called Colorado and they gave me the good news! I got a point and did not draw 21 archery (4pts).

Really good news actually I lucked into a tag in Oregon that is just that- Luck!

LAST EDITED ON May-24-10 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]I called. 8NR pts for 2nd season 21 and i didnt F-ing draw. WTF there must have been a lot of 3rd season boys jump ship and come to 2nd.

Damnittttttttttttt

You guys who are calling- are you messing with us?
Who can you call? I thought back door was the first place it would show up?

The Christian

I just called and I have 9 points so I didn't draw.I had 8 going in.Good luck to every one with more points then me ha,ha

>You guys who are calling- are
>you messing with us?
>Who can you call? I
>thought back door was the
>first place it would show
>up?
>
>The Christian

303-297-1192

I called and was told that I didn't draw my deer tag.

I just called and ask how many preference points I had and dang it, I have one more than when I applied. Not good because that means I did not draw 1st ro 2nd choice! Had a 74% chance to get drawn with my point. Oh well, maybe next year! But I will be going somewhere come fall, even it is an over the counter elk. Just looking forward to getting in the mountains again. Good luck to everyone else!

JSTWIG22, I'm pretty sure you can draw 2nd choice without using your points, reason is if there was points needed to draw they would all be gone in the 1st round selections, so no points needed in 2nd round.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

New rule this year. . . . . . If you do not draw first choice and you do draw your second choice, you do not loose or gain points! In years past, if you got your second choice, you would get a point and a license for your second choice. Not anymore. That is why I said what I did in the above posting. I gained a point so that means that I did not draw first or second choice. Going anyways , just buy an elk over the counter tag. Good luck to the rest of you!

I am glad to say that you are NOT correct on that point JST.

You do get a point for this year when you draw a second choice. I realize the brochure is worded stangely: "second, third or forth choices do not generate or use points",

However, you do get a point for this year if you draw a second, third or fourth choice. The word generate is confusing in that sentence, but it has always been there.

And, I had two points going into the elk draw, and I drew a cow tag as a second choice. BUT, I now have 3 points.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I drew a third choice cow tag NR and gained a point, didnt have any points before this draw, my first second and third choice were all for unit 78 which translates to Ubits 77/78/751.

I hope to heck it snows hard between second and third hunt and not before. Sorry guys I'm selfish that way.

Dwalton,

Congrats on drawing a tag!!! How many points did you have going it?

GH

Looks like I'll be backpacking into the wilderness chasing velvet covered mule deer with my bow........can't wait!

BOHNTR )))---------->

590 res deer. So, add in an OTC bull tag and bear and I'll be going for the trifecta. I can't wait, SWEET.

Just checked, and I have the 591 code. Since 21 second season is the only thing I applied for, that's the tag I got!

With the change in season dates, I'm betting that people in no man's land (10-14 points) decided to switch to the 2nd season. I had 10 points going into the draw.

Well, that's good news! Thanks for the information and maybe I have a chance to get second choice. At least I get to gain a point. Good luck to those that got drawn.

I'm with Roy.... High Country Wlderness Muley going down! Congrats to those who drew!

Muley

Failed to draw unit 30 2nd season with 3 points. My better odds applications are not coming through.

What does this mean?:

2010 - 491 NON RES DEER APP
2010 - 591 NON RES DEER

Did I get drawn??????????????

GH

>GH,
>
>you did draw....congrats

TheSaint...Thanx!

I wasn't sure because I've never used this back door thing...ahh...never mind. ;-)

WOOHOO, YEH ME, UN-HUH, UN-HUH (all while doing the happy dance-on one leg). I can't wait.

Here's the bummer-last week I dislocated my ankle and broke both my tibia and fibula. :-( I hope I'm better by October.

GH

I messed with the back door for about half an hour and finally just called. 15 NR deer points now. This was the year I was really hoping to draw. 21 3rd season will not include me and my buddy. Time for a backup plan now.

yessssss! just called and and got the thumbs up on deer 3rd season 77,78,771 for myself and my brother, see ya in the hills.
nmbighorn

The "purchase license" tab was down on my computer so I called at 4:30 Colorado time and they confirmed I drew an archery tag. First backcountry backpack hunt, first mule deer hunt in about 12 years and first time in this unit. I have been inspired by Roy and others in EBJ. I can read the read and dream the dreams; now we'll see if I got the guts to get on nice buck and connect!

Nadda for my kiddo, and I only put in for her. I guess we can cross our fingers for that NM Elk tag...

Good luck to all those successful!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom