backpack stove

Snow Peak Giga stove Titianum!!! Why? one of the most efficent and only weighs 2.6oz!! I got the one with the pezio ignighter weights 30z.!!!

I only boil water for my mtn Houses! Sold my MSR whisper lite and bought the Snow Peak and now my pack weights 1 pound less!!!!!!!!!

I have had good luck with MSR Pocket Rocket. It weighs 3 oz and uses a propane/butane mix. I use the smallest fuel canisters available. Very simple to use and boils water at 11k+ feet in a matter of minutes.

>I have had good luck with
>MSR Pocket Rocket. It
>weighs 3 oz and uses
>a propane/butane mix. I
>use the smallest fuel canisters
>available. Very simple to
>use and boils water at
>11k+ feet in a matter
>of minutes.

How many canisters do you need for a week?

I have a Pocket Rocket as well... I did 4 days on about a 1/3 of a big fule canister. There is another stove thats similar. Dragon Fly I think it is. It has sturdier legs and IMO is a little nicer. I think it weighs about half an oz more. the Pocket Rocket fits in a triangular tube thats about 1.5" by 3". so small you can dang near loose it.

I use the small 3.5 oz canisters and only take one with me on 3-4 day trips, but I would guess the fuel would probably last twice that for just boiling water every night for a few minutes. I mostly only cook in the evening, but perhaps some oatmeal in the morning if I'm feeling frisky and grinning over a set of antlers :). Prepare everything first before you start the stove so you're not wasting fuel. I usually dig a small depression in the ground for the canister to sit in for added stability. It's a great stove.

>For backpack hunting what stove do
>you like..and why?

I use the rocket and it works great, my bro uses the jet boil and it works great as well, little bulky and the snow peak I believe is the smallest on the market at the moment. All three are great products!

WP

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom