Backpacking backpacks

feduptwo

Next week I will be buying a backpacking pack for hunting deer, and hopefully someday sheep. I'm an avid backpack hunter right now and have had a smaller pack that has worked ok for years. I want a bigger pack and have narrowed it down to a couple.
1. Mystery ranch 6500 or 7000 with the nice frame.
2. The KUIU carbon frame with the 6000 bag
3. The arcteryx(sp)Bora 90

I was looking for input from some of the sheep hunters that frequent this page. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I tried on a Arcteryx and didn't dig the shoulder straps but it wasn't the bora? I'm especially interested in anyone who owns the KUIU as I really like the weight I'm just a little gun shy of the new packs, well really new anything?

fed,
You no doubt saw my post on the general section, but I can also add that several of the guides on our hunt were also using the MR 6000...for what that is worth.

I have the Bora 95 and the frickin' thing is huge. HOWEVER, I find the shoulder straps to be quite uncomfortable as they twist when you really cinch them and they cut into your chest. I think modifying the sternum strap will fix the problem. The advantage is that they cost waaaay less than the mystery ranch or kuiu or kifaru of the same size.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom