Bacon anyone??

Why not import a bunch of hogs into wolf country,in Wy and Montana. That would give the wolves some competition, and help"balance"the eco system.

It looks like the adaptable hog is either present where you live or will be shortly.
Those who have them in their neck of the woods say they are fun to hunt but very destructive and game displacing. The article highlighted that point too.
Zeke

Hogs are fun to hunt, I'm going on another hog trip in Texas in 2 weeks. They are *very* destructive, I've seen entire crop fields torn up by them. I've also seen a few hogs that are pretty aggressive towards man and beast- a few dogs that got tore up and a couple of people that had to go to the ER. Friend of mine's son-in-law almost bled out after being attacked by a hog.

Pity you don't get a lot of bacon from them, they're generally too lean.

They are a pain. If you don't have land and just go hunt them I'm sure they are great. But its impressive how fast they can destroy a field.

That being said night vision hog hunting is very popular and fun down here in Texas as well as hunting them from a helicopter.

>They are a pain. If you
>don't have land and just
>go hunt them I'm sure
>they are great. But its
>impressive how fast they can
>destroy a field.
>
>That being said night vision hog
>hunting is very popular and
>fun down here in Texas
>as well as hunting them
>from a helicopter.

I killed 86 in less than an hour out of a heli before it became a money game. My buddy had a heli and did it for pennies for the local farmer and ranchers. It was a riot. We screwed a camcorder to the stock of an SKS with open sites. Basically he made fuel money and heli payment. Now it's totally different. He guides now Limits, and big dollars. When I lived in Texas I shot the piss out of them. Almost everyday I shot one on my way home from work on land I had permission on or our land. I've shot 400+ easy. Now I live back in Cali and have friends with ranches asking me if I want to go. I decline and ask for coyote calling permission instead. Lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom