Badlands Pack

wymoose

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-08 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]So I've had a badlands pack for about 8 years or so. I don't know the model number, It's been a great pack, but I think within a year or two the shoulder strap might tear out, so I think it's about time I get a new one. I want to go with a badlands. The only thing I don't love about my old one is lack of organization pockets. It pretty much just has two. I want a day pack, that can carry a few extra items if needed. Mostly I want storage for snacks and your regular hunting gear. I've looked at the badlands 2200, and I think it's a little big. Which model do you guys use, or think would be a good fit for my needs.

do you ever carry a spotting scope. I just bought the 2800 and love it, good organization and also I can quarter a deer and get him off the mountain. If it were me go bigger there not any heavier, I carry a spotting scope and all hunting gear no problem. hope that helps, I just hate to see someone buy something and then wish it was bigger. on_target

I was making the same decision a while ago and was trying to decide between a superday and the 2200. I went with the 2200 because I can always carry less items but I cant make my pack bigger. I thought the 2200 would be a little bulky but if you put it on and strap it all up properly it rides very nicely. If you're going to be packing out any capes or quarters the 2200 is also built a little better for that then the smaller ones. The downside is the fact that it's a little more expensive and it's also a little heavier then the superday. Either way I don't think you can go wrong with any Badlands packs. You might also send your old one in, have them fix it, and then sell it on Craigslist for money to put towards your new one. Just a thought.

Even though my pack is really old, do you think they'd refurbish it? I'm sure they don't make the model anymore. It's at least 8 years old, maybe over 10. I guess I'll call them and see. I think I like the design of the 2200. Has anyone used the Ultra-day?

I have a two of the 2800's and a Superday. I prefer the newer 2800 for general use. I packed in this morning in search of a muley or an elk and was fotunate enough to witness my friend shoot his first buck with a bow.

We dressed the buck and hauled him out in our packs. We went 2.5 miles and could not have been happier with the performance.

As a bigger (Fatter) guy, I prefer the 2800 over the 2200. My friend is smaller (Thinner) and loves his 2200.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

they will fix or replace ANYTHING that has their name on it, no matter what, no questions asked. and not only that but return it in a timely fashin.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

I work just down the street from their corprate office. I went in and talked with the GM for awhile. Their warranty is no joke, he even went as far to say that if you are not satisfied you can get your money back ANYTIME. Talk to them I'd bet you could upgrade to a new pack for very little $$$$.

I have every pack they make. YES Every pack. For a day hunt, I use the HYPERVENT. Best all around pack! My 80MM Swarovski scope fits perfect in the SS Poscket, and I get my tripod, snacks, and everything else I Need in there. 2200 also great, for more gear. Just love the HYPERVENT system where the pack is away from your body, and you get great ventilation to prevent sweating. Just my opinion. Find myself using that more than my 2200 or 2800. But I love them all! Cant go wrong!

I have the hypervent and don't really like it for long hikes.It is comfortable but I like to hike with both hands free and the hypervent with a spotter is impossible to attach your bow or rifle to it.I also have a 2200 which I tried this weekend and hated it.The batwings just don't work with a loaded up main compartment.When you load it up and put a spotter on one side and a tripod on the other the 2200 seems to be about 3 feet wide, just doesn't work for me at all.I am now lokking at the horn hunter and 2800.
bgmhiker

I have owned almost all their packs. I have been extremely happy with them until last month. I recently bought a 2800 split pack and took it on a 3 day scouting trip. In those 3 days I had 3 zipper pulls just brake off. The pack wasn't over packed either. It was definitely something that shouldn't have happened. That is my main go to pack for archery season (which we all know is now) so I can't send it back because I have no other good second option of pack. Kind of frustrating, but oh well. I should say, except for the zipper pulls I love everything else about this pack. The only Badland I haven't had is the biggest one they make and the roll top, or something like that. Overall great packs.

I bought the 2200 and after one trip returned it. Just not enough of small organizing pockets for me. Bought the Superday and can not be happier. My buddy bouht an eberstock and I have to say it is a really nice pack also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom